Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 03:53 PM

A week of walks - what a difference!

This week was our first "proper" week of long walks again.

What with kennel cough before Christmas, and Max's op after Christmas, the poor chap hasn't been able to be let off lead or go properly haring around until this week

We went walking with Hevvur and Teagan last weekend and then every day since then Max has had 2 mile walks twice daily (even when it was -6 outside! Brrr!) and we've been on the beach as well.

I'd forgotten what a laid back Boxer he is, as when we couldn't walk him, he was going up the walls!

He wouldn't settle in the evenings, would whine and not play with his toys, and because he wasn't getting the exercise and had to wear a buster collar, he was throughly depressed.
We took him for on-lead walks, but they don't tire him out the same as a good dash around off lead!

This week has been lovely! I've really enjoyed getting back into my routine, even in the cold! Max has been so much better with his behaviour. He "settles" at night after he has his walk, and sits with me on the sofa to veg out, or with his Nylabone in front of the fire.

I'm so glad to have my laid-back Boxer back!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Ooooh, I bet you are both so glad to be out & about properly again.

I'm very jealous - going through enforced rest with Hoki at the moment & its a nightmare particularly as she doesn't think anything's wrong with her (which I think you said was the same with Max)

I don't suppose there is any chance that you would be interested in a swap for say, the next 5 or 6 weeks?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Hmmm, Hoki would probably come back to you twice the size, as I'd have to use pigs ears to keep her rested!

Yup, Max was the same. Even with 10 stitches in a 4 inch wound, he couldn't see why we wouldn't let him run around like a dog possessed!