Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Sigh, i have heard it all now

Today must be the day for stupid owners. Me and my neighbour have just taken Star and Coco for a walk along the river and me some really nice dogs one being a beagle called Elvis (cool name). But on the way back we walked past 3 lads with a Staff,

Coco gave it a sniff, both tails wagging like mad, one of the lads said to my neighbour aww will you put your dog on a lead, my neighbour said its ok she is fine and your dog looks ok sniffing back and wagging, to which the lad replied, but shes a staff and they go for other dogs. No forgive me but there is no rule as far as i know what says all staff are dog aggresive and if this one was (did not seem it) it really should be on a lead.

As i said, all the idiots are out today.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Seems your a magnet for em today mate :lol;
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Seems your a magnet for em today mate :lol;
Yeah, just glad i dont have to go anywhere else today.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Sorry you met another idiot,it drives me mad as a responsible owner of a SBT,i feel like giving them a lecture Just the sort of idiot we need to promote the breed....NOT
Tyler is very dog friendly,loves nothing better than saying hi to other dogs
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about it...

Yesterday on an otherwise nice walk, I got someone telling me I should keep my staffie on a lead

I wouldn't mind, but I have a Boxer.....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

I seem to be one of these today.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post

my neighbour said its ok she is fine and your dog looks ok sniffing back and wagging, to which the lad replied, but shes a staff and they go for other dogs.
Sounds responsible to me - no they aren't ALL aggressive but it is bred into them just as our Labs carry shoes and socks ..... better to be safe than sorry and nice to know of someone who is aware - I have seen too many people horrified when their Staffie grows up and is no longer tolerant of other dogs .... better an awareness than to all of a sudden be horrified and then get rid of dog ...

Or was their dog OFFthe lead and I am misunderstanding!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Sounds responsible to me - no they aren't ALL aggressive but it is bred into them just as our Labs carry shoes and socks ..... better to be safe than sorry and nice to know of someone who is aware - I have seen too many people horrified when their Staffie grows up and is no longer tolerant of other dogs .... better an awareness than to all of a sudden be horrified and then get rid of dog ...

Or was their dog OFFthe lead and I am misunderstanding!!!
Their dog was also off the lead.
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm glad you gave the staffie a chance to be friendly with your dog.

I believe that Biff would be great with other dogs, and on the one occassion he has been off lead with another when he was a pup, he had a whale of a time. Since then I've tended to get him back on his lead when I spot somebody else coming, or another dog. Not just for their safety but for Biff's also.

I wouldn't leave Biff off his lead then start screaming at other people to put their dog on a lead, then say "he's a staffy and he goes for other dogs".

Its people like that really get up my nose. I know a lot of staffies are reliable, and I think Biff would walk to heel without a lead. But I would never risk it, its not worth it.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Sorry you met another idiot,it drives me mad as a responsible owner of a SBT,i feel like giving them a lecture Just the sort of idiot we need to promote the breed....NOT
Tyler is very dog friendly,loves nothing better than saying hi to other dogs
Well said Sal,It winds me up so much when these idiots give the breed a bad name.I have to admit that Ossie is dog aggressive ever since he was attaked,but I know that and he is never off lead in public.Although we are making some progress on this with some lovely dog owners where we walk.
Stormey if i was you mate,i'd stay in for the rest of the day.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >