Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2007, 06:05 AM

How To Calm A Staffie ( I Think )

I think I've found the way to calm a Staffie ( or any other hyperactive doglet) down ! ! Missy is always full of energy . Racing about on walks , bouncing around the house wanting to play. Trying to get attention constantly , the list goes on . Well , yesterday I took her to an agility class. She was her normal bouncy , over enthusiastic self. We did 1 hour training over the equipment then went home. In the afternoon , I took her for a 45 minute walk , most of which was off lead. After her dinner , she went to sleep . She slept , and slept , and slept . Hardly raised her head when I left for work at 10-20 last night. I got home at 5 this morning and instead of rushing to meet me as normal , She slowly slithered off the couch and just looked at me , gently wagging her tail . She WALKED down the hallway to go out , instead of running and bouncing all the way. She did trot back up the hallway when she came in though ,(quickly back to bed ). That gave me the chance to see that she wasn't stiff or sore after yesterday. Now , she's back in her bed , SOUND ASLEEP . I think I'll just take her for a gentle walk later , and skip the training class tonight. I can go to that on Wednesday instead.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow - bet she enjoyed the agility!!! i want to take otis my staffy but cant find one in my area.

jx
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Otis , I just typed " dog agility in sussex" into google and there seems to be quite a few clubs in the area. .