Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SashasMomma
New Member!
Female 

31-01-2007, 04:35 AM

Sasha here...

It surely is nice to have a place all about dogs like this. I'm not to keen on being face to face with to many other critters like me, meeting new dogs is exciting but stressful for me. A little goes a long ways. I always try to be nice, but I'm often misunderstood. And when I have a toy within a fifty foot radius of me, watch out. I can get pretty possessive. But I've learned for the most part to curb my quick reactions when I'm out in the public....at home though it's my space, and that's the way it should stay. So a nice quiet place where I can meet likeminded canines from the comfort of home without having to find out who's top dog or having to submit to someone who THINKS she's top dog to keep the peace is well...very peaceful.

My name is Sasha, Sasha Lynn to be exact, but most people know me as Sasha. I live in GA, USA. I've been a therapy dog for the past year...are there any other fellow therapy dogs out there? But now I'm getting ready to retire. I'm not sure if I liked the visiting work or not. I'm always ready to go, but I don't even understand how my feelings can switch so fast. I'm happy and excited when I see the vest and jump in the car, but once Mom and I get to "work", after about five minutes and three pats I'm ready to call it a day. Strange, everyone's smiling and happy and wanting to pet me, and I can see it makes Mom happy to have me let them hug me all over, but sometimes I just don't like it. I think Mom finally understands though. But I had to get sick before she caught on. I still don't know what's wrong with me. I'm always hungry, mom gives me six small meals a day instead of two big ones like my brother gets, and that's fine. But I've lost a lot of weight, and my belly makes lots of funny noises. Sometimes it hurts and then I throw up and can't eat for a while. I've heard mom use the words "pancreatitis" and "diabetes". They both sound scary, but I'm being taken care of and I usually feel fine. I can chase my frisbee for a long time! Mom has me on what she calls an "exercise regimen", we get to go for walks every morning and play ball. It's so much fun. I don't worry much, my family keeps telling me I'll be fine. I believe them. One thing I'm really glad about...they don't take me to the vet. They say they can't afford it, but I hear them talking about spending money on my good food and supplements and books so they can "diagnose me" and 'treat me" (whatever that means) right here at home. I get to have lot's of raw food, Mom cooks for me every day now. It usually tastes pretty good too. Better than that "insta-meal" in a bag. You know, if our human caretakers had to eat that stuff day in and day out...they'd be in a vet's office every week! Well, it's getting really late here, and I need to go to bed. Good rest helps me to get better to. If any of you dogs have dealt with whatever pancreatitis is or know what diabetes is and can give me some pointers to pass on to my mom, that would be great. And if not, that's fine, but please say hello and introduce yourselves. I think meeting dogs this way will be fun!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Sasha. Fudge thinks you should get your mum to send her some recipies as it sounds yum.sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. In Uk there are places you can go to see a vet if the pennies are a bit scarce..Are there not any near you?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Sasha and a big hello from me and my Gang and some comforting licks and cuddles. Be interesting to hear from your mum as regards Fudge's question of any places near you, Take care Bye for now and a quiet woof from my lot.