Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 09:51 AM

Snowy Encounter - Bradley - English Setter

Hello everyone, Bradley here.

Well, mummy said it was on its way and it arrived today – I’ve had my first play time in some snow. Mummy said it isn’t very thick but I loved it, I could run and slide in it. It made Gracie all frisky too so she joined in some games with me and Tawny. The only thing I don’t really like is it makes my feet all tingly, I came indoors and mummy rubbed them for me and dried me with a towel, that made me all excited, then I went back out again, she said I’m daft and she’s not doing it again for me if I’m going to keep going in and out. She’s only saying that though, she loves me so much I’ve got her wrapped around my little toe, he he.

Mummy took some photos of us and she said she can hardly believe that I’m such a big boy now, nearly as big as Gracie and already taller than Leonie. Well mummy, I will be six months old at the end of January so I’d look a bit silly if I was still little wouldn’t I?

While we were playing in the front garden the others were in the paddock, it’s really good cos I can run along the fencing playing with the others and they run back and bark at me, it’s a good game we can play together and I don’t get trodden on. Won’t be long until I can play out with them, apparently. I thought the boys were congregating at the fence to play but Gracie told me they are interested in her and Tawny, perhaps they want to play in the snow with them too?! Mummy took some photos of them, the girls and boys were playing but Bailey was looking longingly at Gracie and Tawny, he says I’m really lucky to be able to live with those beauties. They’re ok but they grab my toys if I’m not looking, then they tell me off if I try to get them back. Mind you, they do snuggle up with me and clean me all over, that’s really nice and sends me off to sleep.

Mummy has been so busy, she has been putting things in boxes and burning stuff she says she’s not worn in ages or doesn’t need anymore. We are going to be moving to a new house with heating and a lovely new paddock that hasn’t got any holes dug in it yet. I will be able to go out in that one, mummy says this one is too risky for me as the holes in there are really big and she is scared I’ll hurt myself. Pity really as I would love to have a run about in there, it is so big I can hardly see the other end of it and when I see the others running they look really tiny in the distance. I think the new one is not as big but it has got some lovely trees to shelter under when its hot and lots of plants for me to dig up, (I think that’s what mummy said).

Well, mummy says she hasn’t got time to help me write anymore as she has got stuff to do, she hopes to speak to her friends a lot again once she has moved. I’m off to have another game, Tawny has had to come indoors as she has got cold, mummy is going to cuddle her to warm her up, then I’m going to come in and have a big cuddle too, then I think I’ll need a nap as it’s so tiring being a puppy, everyone expects you to play non-stop and I hate to let them down.

Nice talking with you again, cheerio for now.

Snuggly hugs and kisses, Bradley x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Aww Bradley You cutie

Looks like you were having fun in those pictures I'm still waiting for snow
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Ahhh they look like they love it
I've just posted photos of Georgie in the snow too....Our snow is about 3ins thick!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Glad you had a lovely time Bradley Ollie went out for the first time in snow today and met his Friend Paddy the black lab and they had a lovely play.He is now nice and dry and sleeping.Silly Mummy didn't take the camera though.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by justlou View Post
Aww Bradley You cutie

Looks like you were having fun in those pictures I'm still waiting for snow
Thanks Lou, I've just had to come in for a nap, it was exhausting but such good fun. I hope you get the snow soon. Love Bradley x
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Looks like they're enjoying the white stuff... great pics
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
Ahhh they look like they love it
I've just posted photos of Georgie in the snow too....Our snow is about 3ins thick!
Yes, he had a whale of a time, he's been asleep for a while now.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Glad you had a lovely time Bradley Ollie went out for the first time in snow today and met his Friend Paddy the black lab and they had a lovely play.He is now nice and dry and sleeping.Silly Mummy didn't take the camera though.
Hi Lynn, yes it was great, I would have loved to play with Ollie and Paddy too, those girls give up too easily. My mummy does silly things like that too, she often wishes she had the camera when I'm up to mischief Love Bradley x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Looks like they're enjoying the white stuff... great pics
Thanks Ian, I'm hoping thats as bad as it gets though, don't like getting cut off when its too bad
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Lovely photos Bradley, you and your pals look like you are having a great time By your mum sounds very busy, looks like she is getting ready for the big move
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >