Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Good things in the press!

I just saw this article, a nice change to see something good about dogs in the press!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6279701.stm
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Excellent to see that. It's also true....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes, good news, but I have to say the findings from this 'research' are not exactly new.

I clearly remember reading of some similar research in America (This was over twenty five years ago) which claimed that merely 'stroking & patting' a dog had been shown to have great benefits in reducing stress in humans.

At the time I had a fairly stressful job, and I did try to put the findings into practice with our lovely Labrador (Now long departed)

And it worked
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Clearly a dog loving journalist that's fed up with the bad press dogs are getting at the moment. :smt001
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree Evie, it ios good news, confirming what I always knew!

I have to admit that owning a dog is WAY better than owning a cat in my opinion, having had both many times.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, not really a cat person either!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 05:17 PM
i own both cats n dog and im happy
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I had cats for a number of years when I was working long hours and couldn't give the proper time and attension to a dog. I just had to enjoy the dogs that lived on the yards where I worked.

Then when the kids were little I had to give up the cat I had at the time cos the kids where torturing her. She used to come running when called, very scatty with others, but followed me everywhere, I adored her. Cat's are so much more independant than dogs though. Don't pine when you are gone, no walks on rainy, cold days and no cleaning up after them!

Now that the kids are older and have (alittle) more sense, I finally am able to enjoy being a dog owner. I have to say, I'm so much more active now and myself and the kids are all feeling the beneift of it. Plus we have someone to cuddle up to when the rest of the world seems to be against us, or simply doesn't understand. :smt001