Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2005, 03:34 PM

Can Spayed Dogs have Phantoms?

Saffy has started being really whinny and wont let Max in her basket, she keeps rearranging the basket and collecting items like shoes.

Thing is she was spayed at 6 months, shes now 16 months old. About 7 weeks ago she was allowing Max to mate with her which at the time we just thought was amusing.

Shes definitely spayed so do spayed dogs sometimes have phantoms?????
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2005, 05:56 PM
My bitch was spayed when a whelping went wrong and still follows the cycle she had when she was entire. I thought that it was because of the circumstances of the spaying, but may be not. The only difference is she does not bleed, she is if anything more bitchy and aggressive and she has changed shape and is now cubed instead of the square she should be and her coat is going curly. Otherwise she thrusts herself at the boys twice a year and then goes in for guarding her bed and bedding, so it would seem that at least for bitches spayed in an emergency and those done very young it may be they do continue their cycle.
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks Jackie. Next thing will be when she starts to mother her toys.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2005, 07:35 PM
our golden retriever we had when i was a kid was spayed and she had a phantom with her squeaky hedgehog she was the mildest dog ever but she was really growly if we went near her hedgehog!!
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2005, 08:19 PM
When i make my son Toms bed i throw all of the teddys on to his bedroom floor, my older girl Tina trotts back and forward from Toms bedroom to her basket collecting the small teddies, its really funny to watch i then have to take them out of her basket and put them back on Toms bed. Tina was neutered five years ago! she still flirts with the boys as well!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2005, 08:42 PM
poppys a right grumpy bitch when shes at the time her season would have been n shes been spayed too, shes been bonking candys head for days now..lol