Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 07:35 AM

What breed is this dog?

This is Keana who I brought home one day when I found her walking the streets. We kept her for the night as it was a Sunday and on Monday she was reunited with her owner who told us she was a siberian husky.

Thing is, I don't think she looks much like a siberian husky... maybe a northern inuit...
I know some people at the time said they thought she wasn't a sibe but does anyone know what she probably was?

A beautiful dog, one I'll never forget :smt001
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 07:55 AM
one of these 'huskamutes' perhaps? or a sibe GSD cross? she's very pretty - but looks like a cross to me... looks bigger than any of the sibe girls i've met.

xx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Whatever she is ......she is lovely!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 12:48 PM
It would be good if you had got a photo of her face looking straight at the camera to see face shape and ear size etc...How tall would you have said she is approx? Would you have said she was a few pounds heavier than her ideal weight, she looks quite thick along her middle in the laying down pic...this might be giving her a different appearance.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:10 PM
In the first photo I thought a Siberian Husky then in the second I can see the long muzzle which gives the appearance of a Northern Inuit, but to me she looks too short in the legs.
Whatever, she was lovely, glad she got home safe & sound.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Looks like a Husky to me, just a bit bigger/heavier than show size which is what most people are used to.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:28 PM
hmm... possibly - I can't remember thinking she was overweight but she was probably about the same size as my aunt's small GSD bitch.

She does look to have GSD in her but I thought NIs were bred from GSDs so I thought perhaps that was why.

She wasn't all that tall, I know that because she looked quite small to me. Probably would have been the same size as Takara if it wasn't for all that hair!

When she picked her up, she said she was a siberian husky but I wasn't sure I guess she could be a cross.

I possibly have a better pic but I can't find it. Whatever she was she really was a pleasure to have around.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Siberian Husky
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I first thought Mal but then on a better look at the face I thought Husky but her muzzle is fair long so maybe husky cross.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
hmm... possibly - I can't remember thinking she was overweight but she was probably about the same size as my aunt's small GSD bitch.

She does look to have GSD in her but I thought NIs were bred from GSDs so I thought perhaps that was why.

She wasn't all that tall, I know that because she looked quite small to me. Probably would have been the same size as Takara if it wasn't for all that hair!

Whatever she was she really was a pleasure to have around.
To give you an idea of size...

My own two NI's height:
Keena (female): just under 25"
Takoda (male): Just under 29"

weight
Keena: 33 to 34kg
Takoda: 42kg (last weigh in some months ago)

So if she was quite a bit smaller than that I would have said Husky because if she was crossed with NI or GSD she would probably be bigger than husky size.

Your right though, she was lovely
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >