Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 02:18 PM

House move - Never Ever Again!

What an absolute nightmare, never never never again! I bought my villa in Spain 3 years ago now, you pay a solicitor to act in you interests, 3 years ago it showed up the the previous owner hadn't paid the local taxes and rubbish for a few years, when you sell a property out here any debts outstanding go on the property. Anyway my solicitor spoke with there solicitor who assured him they would pay.

Now I am due to go to notary on Monday to complete the sale and have found that these debts still have not been paid - I'm furious, to make matters worse I've just received an email from my solicitor to say he has been in touch with the previous owners solicitor who said they will pay them, well they said that 3 years ago, so unless I can produce a receipt to show it's been paid on Monday, it will end up being deducted from my sale money I am so angry as it amounts to about 4,000 euros and it's not my debt

Last week I rang the people I have my mortgage with for a redemption figure, they sent me a copy of the valuation from when I bought the property what use is that

All I can say is that thank god I'm not buying another property - we're going into rented for a while cause this precise moment I never ever want to own another property in Spain.

Ah, feel much better after having a rant Sorry
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 02:55 PM
They certainly dont make it easy for you do they?
Will you eventually be buying another property over there?
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
They certainly dont make it easy for you do they?
Will you eventually be buying another property over there?
After the fiasco I've had I really don't thing so, we've invested our money back in England anyway for 18 months, will have to remind myself of how I'm feeling at this very moment when the 18 months is up.