Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Artificial Grass???Anyone???

Ok.. one of my many strange ideas.. BUT.. has anyone done this?? or have any comments?? constructive or otherwise

I am seriously thinking about this... We are slabbing most of the garden.. most of it is already done but there is still some to do.. We plan only to leave 15ft square of grass... mainly so the pool will have a soft base in the summer.. the dogs are happy to do their stuff on the slabs.. in fact they DO at the moment cos the grass is soo muddy they slide on it..

There is some chip stones down aswell but they are only down the middle and side of the drive and I plan to lift those and totally slab the drive area too..

SO I thought about lifting the mud and laying down artificial grass that can be power washed and will never go muddy..
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 02:17 PM
gaznweebeasties posted a similar thread a couple of weeks ago ('artificial lawn') - I'm afraid I don't know how to post a link to it but if you do a search on artificial lawn you should find it
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Ah right found it..

Been looking at a site called as good as grass.. wonder if its the same site Gaz was looking at
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
hi it was actually called artificiallawn.co.uk and apparently they provide the grass for the agility ring at crufts so i think its going to be good quality

got my lawn fenced off for the time being as it was turning into a mud bath. the dogs now have the kennel and run during the day and weve fitted a fence across the driveway so the dogs have room at the side of the house in case they need to go out at night.

once the weather gets a bit better though ill start to level it all out ready for the fake stuff. if you do get the fake lawn first then let us know how it goes, if im first (which i doubt, i need to level the garden and im far to lazy, er i mean busy!!) then ill do the same and let you all know
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
I shall watch these posts with interest, this was something that I had thought about doing at my last house but it worked out too expensive. Then we moved here and there's too much land for them to run around in as it is.

I'm not sure where we are moving to but I'd love to have an area for them to be able to run in whatever the weather, and something thats easy to keep clean would be great.

Can't wait to hear all about your discoveries on the subject.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
artificiallawn.co.uk That stuff looks great! I would love that if it works...best of all you don't have to keep mowing your grass anymore which in most our cases is the odd patchof grass that hasn't yet been worn away amongst lots of dusty soil...lol

When they pee on it does it just drain through to the earth underneath? (then maybe require a little hosing every so often?)
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:00 PM
if you look up asgoodasgrass and have a look at their AGAG 5,6 or 7.. I intend to get one of those.. (when the weather gets better!!!)
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
if you look up asgoodasgrass and have a look at their AGAG 5,6 or 7.. I intend to get one of those.. (when the weather gets better!!!)
just had a look they look great too and it looks very good what they have to say about pets and the 'grass'. Now I wonder how much it would cost for my garden It would be great, the dogs could play out any weather.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
i looked at this stuff and was warned of by a surveyor who said is would have to be lifted and replaced with turf if we moved.

the reasons he gave were because new buyers thought it was 'naff' and kids would get astro burns ( nastier than grass burns!!) and without putting a ton of sand on it to keep it flat it does ruch up like a rug.

it put me off straight away.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Ahh but if you have no plans on moving house EVER.. and the AGAG stuff doesn't burn like the naff astro turf stuff..and its also pinned down and bordered with a timber frame and you don't have to put tons of sand on it then it becomes a better option than mopping and bathing 3 dogs each night