Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 03:51 PM

Disaster

So...OH has taken my son to Gulliver's World for a day of rides, Father Christmas and junk food. Totally not my idea of a good time so I stayed home with the boys! (Given OH's last call about noise levels, feeling sick and being cold I think he wishes he'd had the same idea and we'd suggested this as a Grandma activity!!!!)

Anyway, 3 loads of washing and the house sparkling (well nearly) later, I took Saturn out, after he'd had his second poo of the day. My fascination with Saturn's bowel movements is amazing and must make up a lot of mine and OH's conversation on a daily basis. He isn't allowed to poo when we're out and about, so we have to make sure we leg it out of the door with him as soon as his second poo is out of there!!! That's what I did...poo, coat on, out. As SOON as we stepped out the heavens opened...but not just with torrential rain, oh no, that would have been too simple, no, there was sleet, followed by hail stones. Of course, Saturn hasn't experienced hailstones and aren't they just the most exciting thing out????
No?
You tell him that.
Anyone that knows flatties will understand what I mean when I say he went into full bounce mode. Tigger couldn't hold a candle to him. Needless to say, our walk was cut short. As SOON as we shut the front door...it stopped. I kid you not. I decided not to test if it started again if I opened it...

After a quick brew and change, I went to get the bus to a nearby shopping centre to do some 'bit' shopping (which in itself tells me my shopping is finished so I really shouldn't have bothered). It was heaving. I hate that. Anyway, I went to the first shop, got my 'bits' went to retrive my card from my back pocket to pay...................empty. Not a thing in there. So, I then panic...what if I've lost it or it's fallen out of said pocket, then realise the likelihood is I've left it in the pocket of my other jeans. Of course the thought of losing it is now in my head and won't go away, so despite having enough cash in my pocket, my trip is cut short. I get another couple of bits ( well, I get a replacement dog stocking as the Biffters found, opened and ate the one I'd got for my friends pup...grrrrrrrrr). I head for the bus. No problem. I then stupidly get off a stop too early as I think walking up the hill will be good for me...ye, nice thought, pain in the neck in reality (actually more of a pain in the bum and thighs in reality!)

I finally get to the front door, deciding...shall I meet and greet hounds first or leg it upstairs to check on my card...put the key in the lock (admittedly quite frantically)nothing. The key WILL NOT turn.5 mins later and lots of fiddling I'm still there...getting a little irate and anxious. I phone oH who says under no circumstances should I break the glass...better to push the door hard and break the lock!!! Ye...that's likely. Anyway, my knight in shining armour appeared from over the street and tried his key...same problem so he goes and gets some vaseline...same problem. Finally, we get in using a bent wire coat hanger put through the letterbox and hooked onto the handle of the lock. Phew. My poor elderly neighbour hurt his hand in the process too. So now OH is well aware that he has to 1) fix the lock and b) improve security on the letter box...I feel a post catcher box thing coming on...TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Won't he be happy!!!!

I am now officially knackered and my plan to take m'laddo out again...well, it's on the shelf marked 'don't even go there'....
It should all have been so simple.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh dear what a day.... erm perhaps you should of gone to Gullivers World after all!!LOL
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Probably should!!!
Just one of those days.
The last time the lock played up was about 4 years ago, I'd 'popped' up the street to tell someone something and my key snapped int he lock. I had my (small) son with me, the neighbour (same one) tried to help...couldn't...OH ended up having to come home from work......
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh I hate having days like that when everything goes wrong. So much for your nice Saturday doing what you want to do at your leisure. I hope tomorrows christmas party goes better for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Poor you Ailsa. Tomorrow will be better......surely???
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi, i live near Gullivers too and we have had a dry day! First in about a week. Time to put your feet up with a welcome drink I reckon.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Oh poor you, got a bottle of wine you could open?
Better luck tomorow. We had huge hail storms here today too, power kept going off!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2006, 06:50 PM
What a miserable day for you,at least you are in the dry and warm now.Have a nice relaxing drink.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I reckon Saturns "plums" are taking revenge!!!!

Seriously Ailsa, things will be fine tomorrow, honest they will!
Dawn.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Ailsa - can I join the club - have had one of those WEEKS where it's been one thing after another - didn't think anything else could possibly go wrong but did... AAAGH - Ailsa - mines a glass of vino - what's yours! Tomorrow is just another day - but boy do I hope it's better for us both!

Chin up - things happen for a reason - so I'm told!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >