Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2006, 05:27 PM

Such a big decision..

Was offered a puppy today! A sprocker-springer/cocker x...10 weeks, accidental litter of a friend of an uncle who has working gundogs-lovely pup, like a liver roan on a springer body..super. But..no, not right time..quite happy with the two dogs for now, and think with another pup aswell as Ralph in his current 'f*** you' attitude would make me loose the will to live!
Pffft i feel a traitor-actually turning a dog down!
But you know when it isn;t right..you just do, and that's how i felt with this pup-as god damn difficult as it was
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Must of been so tempting but probably the right decision as you say with ralph in his current mood.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Well done for being strong Luke. I think you know that another pup is not what you need right now. Must have been difficult though!
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 09:36 PM
A very responsible thing to have turned down a pup as you don't feel it is the right time for another one. It is so easy to let your heart rule your head where pups are concerned.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Such a sweet pup-but no, i don't want a third dog *shakes head* my two are fine the way they are, Ralph is far too young to consider any other canine for my liking.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:22 PM
As you say, you know if it's right or not. Still hard though!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I know just how you feel Luke, my friend keeps offering me an Irish Setter puppy dog, he is the image of Rory, who we lost aged 4 to bloat. When Rory's son, my Alfie also had bloat last year aged 4, I swore I would never have another Irish. Also, I have more than enough dogs at the moment, although 14 does sound a much nicer, rounder figure than 13
I agree that you are doing the right thing, and I know that I won't relent, this isn't the first time I've been offered an Irish pup by her and I was strong before, it's just so darn tempting when you see the little bundles, isn't it.
lorraine
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:31 AM
That must have been hard. But well done for being strong!