Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 02:03 PM

I'm being taken over by "stuff" indoors

Well, before Mum came to live with us, I de-cluttered so that we have lots of space around, especially with two great big dogs to fall over as well in a small bungalow.

I have, or should say, had, a great big lounge 25ft. long 15 ft. wide with only one leather sofa, one coffee table, and Dave's big new reclining chair, plus the pc up in one corner, that was it, perfect, space at last. Well upon the arrival of my dear mum, Dave moved out of his bedroom (which he had spent 3 years extending and designing and was only in it for 2 weeks!) so that she could have her own bathroom which is in there. So, we bought a new bed for Dave, plus a new bedside table which he wanted, which is now in the lounge. Fair enough, I covered it with a nice new furry throw, new cushions and it looked ok, and there was (was!) plenty of room. Then we decided Mum needed a nice big comfy reclining chair to watch the tv, coz the sofa's mine, so along came another big chair, which I squashed in a corner next to the sofa. Dave then decides he wants to buy one of those massive 50" plasma tv's, and we already have a 32" big thing in the corner, so I told him, whatever he does, he must make sure he gets organised when it arrives, so that our old tv is taken down to our store (we got a store organised for Mum's stuff from Spain)and a big hefty mate to help him take it there, coz I wasn't going to have two jumbo sized tv's in the lounge too this side of Christmas! What happens??? He just arrived in the work's van with his new plasma tv!!!!! I've got 6 friends coming round for lunch next Tuesday, so have had to put our big fold down table in the lounge (which seats 10, so it's b-i-g!) which meant I could make room in the bootroom to put his tv until the week-end! I just know what's gonna happen next, he'll set up his new tv over the week-end, he won't have organised a mate to take our old one down to the store, so the lounge is gonna look like a 2nd hand furniture store on Tuesday when the big table is set up somewhere in the middle of all this!!!! I'm not happy, but I'll put my tongue in my cheek until the week-end and see what happens. Meanwhile I'm squashed up in an even smaller space now with the pc,with a great big table and a bed behind me, oh and 2 great big furry monsters lying at my feet! Will I make it to that sofa I wonder - safely?? Heeeelp, I'm a minimalist, get me outta here!!! Lol!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 02:57 PM
LOL that was funny.

I would gladly have the great big new tv but would want the rest out! except those two dogs!

lol@I'm a minimalist (it must be a nightmare, your a saint!)
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Don't you just love men!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Mum just added a little gem to this story!! I just told her, that when I've finished with the table after our lunch next Tuesday with the girls, I'll put it in the shed instead of the boot room, coz there's so much room out there now without it. She looked at me enquiringly, as only an 82 year old can do, and asked "you're going to have lunch out in the shed?????"!!!!! Maybe I missed a few vital words somewhere along the line there when I told her. Please shoot me if ever I get this bad!!! Now, if my name was Inca.........
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL and I thought I had problems losing my already small room to 'baby furniture' . I've been tearing my hair out tonight trying to find room for a Christmas tree, LOL.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:33 PM
aww Helena!!!!
Hoep you make it to your sofa safely!!
Axxxxx
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2006, 10:42 PM
PMSL mate - looooong time no read xx
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Sounds perfect, I like clutter!
At least you've got 2 big furry cushions if you don't make it to the sofa
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 10:46 AM
LOL, did you make it to the sofa?
Men, what are they like?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Lol it's got worse!!! (Hiya Mucker!!!) He decided last night he needs a big black glass stand to put it on, so off we trapsed this morning (more shopping!) and bought a massive great big one to accommodate this massive tv! That's still in the back of the car, but it'll have to be out of there by the morning for the dog run and I can't lift it, he'll have to do that tonight. Where it's going though, don't ask!!!!

He informed me last night he managed to get a set of wheels to carry the old t.v. out of the lounge, but I'm sure he thinks muggins here is gonna help him lift it into the van and off again at the storage place to put it in store - of that I'm certain! Lol! I'm not kidding, our old tv is sooooo heavy I can't even move it out of the corner to clean behind it, not that I wanted to anyways!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >