View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 10:34 AM

who buys presents for dogs in rescue @christmas??

i just wondered how many of you out there are like me and buy pressies for the dogs in shelters at christmas?? i have just spent £35 on toys for them this year i like to make sure as many dogs as possible get a new toy to play with i will be picking up some food for them aswell and i just hope my vets will let me drop all my stuff off to them and they can pass it onto the rspca inspector i can't go to the kennels as i get so worried seeing all those dogs and i know i can't afford anymore
i have ordered my toys from an online place who sell in bulk at good prices(the only downfall is £7 delivery charge)i have managed to buy 70 TOYS hopefully the dogs will have a good christmas
http://www.plutospets.com/
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 10:41 AM
That is very thoughtful of you Griff! I'm a bit of a skint student so could never afford that, but i have been collecting treats and stuff all year and will be dropping them off at local SSPCA soon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Doggydina View Post
That is very thoughtful of you Griff! I'm a bit of a skint student so could never afford that, but i have been collecting treats and stuff all year and will be dropping them off at local SSPCA soon
i think that is very thoughtful of you too i am normally a frequent visitor to poundland before christmas but i can't get out at the moment
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Thats a lovely thought, it is certainly something I would like to do too.

I have just been to the vets with Jess (see sick puppy 2) and in there they have leaflets, give £1 to buy a dog at a rescue xmas dinner!

So when I get paid on wednesday im giving £10, thats 10 doggy xmas dinners, I would love to give more, but cant afford it witht he outstanding bill and all.

However, I will try to manage another visit to pats at home, lets home jess is willing to let other dogs have the toys...
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post

However, I will try to manage another visit to pats at home, lets home jess is willing to let other dogs have the toys...
that sounds a familiar senario
our vets usually have a bin to put food and stuff in but they are helping to raise money to rebuild the rspca shelter at the moment so i guess that is why there is no bin this year.i have already gave money to that by sponsoring my vet to run a half marathon i very much like the idea of buying them a christmas dinner
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 12:22 PM
weve collected a box of bits and pieces and some towels to take to local rescue before christmas at some point.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Dog Trust in Shoreham for me -
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I always take food to the Dog's Trust, and put tins in the box at Pet's at Home, but I'm afraid they don't get any toys until mine have at least unwrapped them on Christmas Day, looked at them in disgust, and then I take them down to my local rescue Centre after Christmas I prefer to give food, just coz it makes me feel better that they're not going hungry, rather than toys, but I really like that idea of the money to buy them a Christmas lunch, so I'm gonna look around for that one in my area too and buy as many as I can I feel just as bad about the homeless people out there too, all year round, not just Christmas, but it makes me feel worse at Christmas thinking of them all, sad isn't it
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 09:34 PM
My local RSPCA animal hospital is only a few miles from where we live and I take things to them all year round. I save up all my newspapers, blankets, sheets etc for them. I also take the odd bag of dog or cat food in to them too.

A few weeks ago, I had a huge black sack of things I had been saving to take along to them and it was full of animal food ( bags id opened and they didnt like etc ) and out of the corner of my eye I saw a RSPCA van parked down my road, so I ran along to the 2 ladies and told them I usually bring it along to them.....they just stared at me. I thought that they thought I was a nutter, but one of the ladies apologised for a stunned responce and said " I'm sorry, in the 21 years I have been working for the RSPCA I have never come across someone as generous"

That made my day!

And yes....I will defiantly be donating at christmas time