Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Early Start for Utility Dog of the Year Tomorrow

I am NEARLY ready for tomorrow's show, the Utility Dog of the Year which is being held at a hotel near Belfast. An early start as Deccy is in puppy (that will feel odd as he's up to Limit now) and we are the first lot in, so I will need to leave at ... er.... 0630. I hope I remember everything.
Deccy is now reclining on the dog settee with a towel over him, glaring at me balefully for washing out all the farmyard stains he has meticulously acquired this week. There are 3 Dalmatian puppies entered, the other two are related to Deccy, one is a bitch that he tried to mount the first time he met her so he'll be on a short lead! Hopefully it will put him on his toes.
This my first time at a "... dog of the year" competition so I don't know what to expect, apart from I will know most people there as we all do the same shows so it should be a good day out.
Camera is packed
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Good luck Hope you have a good day whatever the result.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Good luck Gill and Deccy
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Good luck,
looking forward to the pixs
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Good Luck hope its worth the early start. Fingers toes and all crossed for you.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Well, sort of a good day
Deccy was looking good and went brilliantly, the best he's ever gone so I was very pleased with him. Unfortunately we were knocked out in the first round by a good Chow; his cousin the bitch he fancies went on to RBP so well done to her. I still have the 'flu and by lunchtime could barely stand so I came away and got home slowly.
Oh... and I won a prize in the raffle, that's a first!
Here is Deccy taken this morning in the car park:

..and another shot I took with my friend (who owns the bitch) holding him. He was very keen to gaze at her, maybe her thought the bitch was tucked in Fiona's pocket!

I am so shocked at how fat I am and how ill-fitting my "good" show suit is, I am going on a diet immediately On the other hand, it is easy to see that Deccy still needs to body up.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Sorry you did not do so good this time. Never mind at least you won a prize in the raffle I usually just give my donation Great pics of the handsome Deccy. Thanks for sharing.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks..... trouble is I was asked his age. Should have said "1" instead of 22 months. He is 22 months from the shoulders forward, but considerably less behind never mind it will catch up eventually
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Now thats a beautiful dalmation you must be sooo proud of Deccy lovely, well done whatever the outcome best in show you two xx
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I am NEARLY ready for tomorrow's show, the Utility Dog of the Year which is being held at a hotel near Belfast. An early start as Deccy is in puppy (that will feel odd as he's up to Limit now) and we are the first lot in, so I will need to leave at ... er.... 0630. I hope I remember everything.
Deccy is now reclining on the dog settee with a towel over him, glaring at me balefully for washing out all the farmyard stains he has meticulously acquired this week. There are 3 Dalmatian puppies entered, the other two are related to Deccy, one is a bitch that he tried to mount the first time he met her so he'll be on a short lead! Hopefully it will put him on his toes.
This my first time at a "... dog of the year" competition so I don't know what to expect, apart from I will know most people there as we all do the same shows so it should be a good day out.
Camera is packed
I've had been invite to the night of Champions with my boy Cruz aka Aust Ch Lowdina Glaucus and he had also had 2 invites to the Puppy of the Year, and China had 1 invite to Puppy of the Year they are great for us there are normanly 5 interstate judges and each round there are 3 of the five so you never know unitl you are in the ring who you will have! Good luck and have fun