Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 08:18 AM

son is a changing

we spent yesterday with my eldest boy in bournemouth. we had an awesome time with him. saw where he is living - hes got a studio flat, met one of his new friends and was totally swept away by his words and deeds.

o/h talked to him about coming home for christmas and how much we want him to be part of our family and then my son blew me away by saying he has been thinking about getting martin to adopt him so we can be a whole family again. told him dont know how practical this will be cos hes over 16 and doesnt live with us but he could always change his surname by deed poll.

to top it all as we were leaving he gave me a bunch of flowers and hugged us all. this is a totally different son from 2.5 yrs ago when he hated my o/h and hated me and the world.

nearly crying as i think about him and where he has come on his life's journey

sue
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Lovely post Sue. I'm so happy your son has turned his attitudes to you and your OH around
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 10:45 AM
That is so wonderful, I am so happy for you all! xx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-11-2006, 06:54 PM
That's great Sue! I think sometimes, we only know what we had when it's gone. I think he appreciates you much more now that he's had the chance to reflect back. *hug*
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Oh Sue I am delighted for you. I can only imagine how you feel. I'll bet you are really looking forward to having a reall family Christmas now too xx