Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Where Do I Begin ??

My love affair with dogs began in 1956 when my father bought a badly bred "Alsatian" & he took me along to a dog training school where efforts were made to change her behaviour(sadly it didn't help as her problems were part & parcel of her breeding being an excessively nervous bitch from similar"show"bred parents)

However I did become hooked on the idea of having my own dog & showing the adults that I could do dog training better than they could(ah the innocence of youth )

After two years of saving all my pocket money, birthday money etc I had the 8 guineas to buy my puppy from a Lady called Mrs Gwen Barrington, my puppy was from two imports from Germany totally different from my dad's dog & a joy to own

Yep in 1958 aged 8 I became a dog addict

There hasn't been a minute since then that I did not own a dog & I have been involved with showing & training dogs ever since
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I wonder, were you the worlds youngest dog addict at aged just 8!? From what I know of you, you certainly seem to know and care a great deal about dogs, and I look forward to your future bloggings! I hope you find some pics to post too!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 05:36 PM
What a lovely insight, I so wish I had started in showing dogs at such a young age. Can you please share your early dog experiences with us?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 05:42 PM
LOLOL I will do when I have a few hours LOLOLOLOL
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Wonderful story Jo really enjoyed reading along with your progress, now you need to save all your pocket money for all those doggy presents LOL

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Now you have begun, I hope you will continue to reminisce about your love affair with dogs. It was like a different world in the fifties. When I look back it is hard to believe that things could have been so different. I am sure many of our younger members will delight in reading your anecdotes about the doggy world as it was then. I look forward to that!