Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:09 PM

A Question but mainly for breeders

Hi all,
Would you turn a person, family down,to have one of your pups based on the fact that your gut feeling say's no, and you just don't like them?
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Ive never bred, but i had to help rehome 3 of quinns litter sister and bros and we turned down people on gut feeling, as did my parents when they bred our IWH and GH to get our lurchers, i think if ur gut/mind/heart is saying no then follow it because you really should have a 100 percent feeling that the pups will be safe and sound
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Im not a breeder but helped OH's mum with a litter and met the owners and yes I definately would turn someone down on gut instinct because I think alot can be said for it, often when a woman has been attacked by someone they know they will say after I had a feeling in my gut to be scared of him but told myself not to be so silly or similar! I worked with a bloke who never did any thing as such but just gave me the creeps I told my boss and it turned out he had been hastling women and my instincts where right!!!!

From a breeders point of view you need the owners of your pups to be people you like and can get on with if you intend to stay intouch with them for the durration of the pups life!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:22 PM
I am not a breeder either, but would say that I would definitely turn people down on gut instinct. You need to feel 100% happy about where your pup is going and what kind of life it will have and getting bad vibes from someone would certainly put me on my guard and more likely to grill them more vigorously.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 03:44 PM
yes i have .............they were not right the right owners for one of my pups.....on the other hand last year i allowed a puppy to go to a lady whom my gut instinct said wasn't right i listened to others and was persuaded all was fine

I ended up having archie back ........i should have followed my own gut instincts
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes! My puppies!:smt002
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I would, and both my girls breeders did :smt001:smt002
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Not a breeder and don't plan to in the future but the breeder of my dogs certainly does. I had an two hour interview before I was even invited to see the pups. Think you have go on your gut feeling, they are your babies afterall.
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Not a breeder here either, but we went through 2, 2 hour "interviews", one with what ended up being the sire's breeder and one with the dam's. It never intended to start off that way, but the timing wasn't right for us with the sire's breeder and her puppies.

The breeder we went with in the end turned down about 6 different enquiries based on a telephone conversation and gut instinct for the other 2 puppies in the litter, but she said she knew we were right for her dogs by the way my children behaved
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >