View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 01:24 AM

other dog forums / i could honestly cry!

i used to go on this other forum before i came on here, and asked for advice, and the 2 times i asked i am just teared to pieces by these people!!

then i stopped going on there but then i thought, oh ill go back and ask for there opionons, and once again i get made out to be a complete idiot that shouldnt have a dog, because my boyf & I dont want the 'standard breed' and have changed our minds on the the colour we want, are we that bl00dy horrible for chaning out mind on the colour?!!

i could honestly cry i feel so annoyed, they kept saying ' there not toys & accessories you know'!!
i was like WHAT?! and just ended up posting this really crazy angry post.

oh and now im the reason for all dogs in rescue, because i cant commit?

ok even though i havent even got a dog, i said:
'thats why you change your mind and find out what breed you want BEFORE buying a dog and making a commitment.

that to me is intelligent, not jumping in and buying one.

but what do i know.'

go for help and get abuse. i will never go back ther again

Yah for dogsey though it rules!
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Awww....I'm sorry to hear that, but I totally agree that Dogsey is awesome! The people here are very understanding, and they are great with helping you when you need it. I have been on a few forums where I have felt like everyone is picking on me, but just remember that these people also have questions and concerns about their pets and maybe if someone gives them a smart a** answer they will learn to stop being so stuck up and help someone in need. Just my 2 cents....
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 03:47 AM
This forum is very well moderated and although there is room for all opinions, personal attacks are simply not allowed
I had an abuse reply to a non-dog related post and it was removed pretty well immediately. If I don't like a thread or a post, or the way it is going, I simply ignore it and look at something else. It is so fast-moving that however much you are on, there is plenty to read and respond to in a positive fashion.
I have also had enormous support on personal issues which was invaluable.

Stay here! Ignore the ignorant alternatives!!
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2006, 04:39 AM
I used to go to a different forum before I found Dogsey. I was very new to the dog world and didn't know very much about raising a dog, much less a pure bred Siberian husky. Those people tore me apart every now and then and I admit that I was at the wrong because I did not research my breed properly before committing to buying. However, thanks to those ugly, nasty people, I was forced to do the proper research on my huskies so that I was prepared for the the unique behaviors of my husky. It's thanks to them I began to respect the Siberian husky as an individual breed and not just a regular dog. But I am nowhere near as thankful than to have found Dogsey. With Dogsey, I was able to ask questions and actually get an honest but friendlier-than-ever answer or opinion. At the other forum, they sure do answer and give their opinions, but they aren't very nice about it. =) I love Dogsey and I have not visited that other forum in at least over a year and do not plan on ever going back.

Hang in there, it'll be okay. Dogsey is here for you when you need us. =)

-Tara-
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-11-2006, 07:58 AM
Dogsey is the fastest moving Forum that i know of that’s one of the reasons it's so popular and that it's so friendly and not to udgemental unlike most forums you post a question and you get a response within a few mins how fast is that.

Once we were all online helping a first time whelper (her bitch was having pups) you can not get better than that. Some of the breeders that we have on the forum were here and advising her on what’s normal and what to do it was very exciting.

Trolls are not welcome on this board and azz and his team will shut them down.

Asking advice if you’re not sure is the best way to weigh up your options open to you. Same as doing research on different breed types that you like to see if they will fit into your life style and how to care for them properly we got most breeds covered on this board so what better info than to ask an owner of that type of breed what they are like most of them will give you an honest answer with the warts as well (you need to know about them very important)

So don't bother going anywhere else stay here we'll help you with your dog what ever you decide to do.
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2006, 09:35 AM
There are some sites where you have to have your tact and diplomacy surgically removed before you can post. Dogsey isn't one of them thankfully.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Like you I had a bad experience in another forum..they just bitch all the time, luckily I found Dogsey and have never looked back...Its the only dog forum for me!
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I have been following your posts since you started on here basically and all i can say is i really admire the way you are going about deciding on breed. You are not rushing into anything and doing the proper research ! It's irrelevant at this stage if you keep changing your mind, at least your doing it before getting the dog! Ignore the other forums ! There are plenty of folk on here perfectly will to give you friendly advice.

Lis x
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
There are some sites where you have to have your tact and diplomacy surgically removed before you can post. Dogsey isn't one of them thankfully.
I quite agree Joe!

On some forums I've noticed that those who are quick to criticise newcomers usually give little away about their own practices, hide behind a pseodonym and give bad advice on other topics.

And I think it a sign of bad moderatorship (!?) when a small number of very 'loud' posters are allowed to dominate a forum. It puts off other, possibly more knowledgable peeps from posting and gives the forum a bias. Not so with DOGSEY.... the best by far
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-11-2006, 10:06 AM
I once got told off for having a sense of humour. Apparently that's a bad, bad thing.

Don't smile anymore!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »