Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:59 PM

The house has been damaged!

Most of you know about the massive amount of work we've just had done on the house, just completed a couple of weeks ago! Well, I could just cry. Went out this afternoon and the lad next door is having an extension built. He had bags of sand craned in on Thursday and the crane driver has damaged the outside wall when dropping the bags off. It's ripped right through the cladding and at least 12 panels will have to be replaced. I can't believe it, I could either jump into the sea or cry can't decide which!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:04 PM
its his responsibility - as damage to your property from his delivery. I know its a nightmare but better to get it sorted asap. Would also contact ur household insurance and see what they say.

sorry to hear that - consolation - our house is still not even wind and watertight !!! arrgghhh
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Omg Wuffle - no wonder you are fuming. I know how pleased you was when all the work had finished a few weeks ago and your house looked gorgeous - bet you felt like killing the dozy sod didn't you I know its not much consolation that the company will have to pay for the damage - its having to have builders in again isn't it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi Jackie I would suggest you take photographs of the damage, the sacks of sand next door and note the day and date the sand delivery was made. Then get in touch with your insurance company and they will get in touch with your neighbours insurers...

Really sorry when you have done so much work..
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:29 PM
sorry that you have got to go through this. guess neighbours and delivery firm are liable though. its probably not going to be a quick fix though.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:35 PM
How exasperating is that after all that hard work, mess, time and noise you've just been through getting the place all spruced up!! I would sit there and cry too Jackie I'm afraid! Have they spoken to you at all about it next door then???? Mini is right, get photographs of everything - pity you missed the crane though! Grrrrrrrr. I'd be livid! Can't think of anything positive to say I'm afraid!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys, I'm a bit calmer now but wasn't earlier. Luckily the damage isn't desperate just a complete pain in the a**. Rang our builder straight away and it's going to be £1300 to replace the panels. He's dropping off a quote on Monday and our neighbour is ringing the building company that delivered first thing Monday. He's as gutted as we are and completely apologetic. It's definitely the crane that has done the damage as our builder can tell what the marks have come from. Hopefully the company will just cough up without any problem but we'll see. We have already taken photo's and are going to wait to hear from our neighbour on Monday before I call our insurance. As I said, I'm calmer now but sat down and cried my heart out earlier. Couldn't even talk to the builder, OH dealt with him.
Thanks for your support guys, the house is sound and it's just cosmetic, just a nightmare so soon after it was done. Could be worse, could have happened a year from now when we couldn't match the cladding etc.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh No Poor you

I hope you get it sorted soon x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks everyone, hopefully the company will cough up but believe they are notorious for being difficult, will know more tomorrow.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Know how you feel I recently had a new bathroom fitted, was really pleased with it, was lovely although I love DIY I couldnt be bothered to do the tiling myself as I havent the time so I got a handy man in the do the tiling to complete the bathroom anyways his helper dropped a pair of pliers in the new bath as he was removing the old tiles and the new bath being enamel it all chipped can you imagine how furious I was as it had only been fitted a day (I hadnt even test drived it ) as I was waiting for all the sealant to dry. They had it repaired for me, but it still wasnt the point it kind of took the excitment away from my new bathroom.

They should repair whats damaged. Hope it gets sorted for you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >