Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:04 PM

Delightful Rotties!

I am pleased to be able to bring a positive report on a breed that suffers bad press!
Regular users of the forum will remember that my dogs go into kennels during the day while I am at work. Being boarding kennels, there is a turnover of dogs although many are regulars.
On Monday this week we turned up and as usual I wandered up to the kennels to put mine away (the owner gets up a bit later - it's a DIY arrangement) and there were two huge Rotties barking their heads off. I put my two in their run and went back to the Rotties, greeting them through the fence like they were my best friends. Within seconds, they turned into licking machines and their bums waggled with enthusiasm.
Apparently they are mother and daughter and in beautiful condition. They are in for the week and are an absolute delight so we are now friends!
Deccy is quite smitten!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Great to hear someone being positive on Rotties this Mother and Daughter have become your friends and as you say licking machines it is no nice so hear a positive post on Rotties after allthe bad press they have been getting recentlyand more so because Deccy is also quite smitten by these rottie girls. Great post Deccy.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Brilliant. Whilst out on our walks a few days ago we met a couple of Rotties and they were gorgeous, loved playing with my lot and were really affectionate and loved cuddles athough 2 at a time were really quite heavy smothering me ...lol
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 06:33 AM
I love the breed and firmly believe that bad owner = bad dog. Our neighbour used to have one, and he always used to nearly know me flat with his enthusiasm
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Great to hear something positive, shame there were no tabloid press there to report .... I saw a beautiful Rottie yesterday. Standing with his owner watching all the other dogs running around playing. He/she just looked like he wanted to join in.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh how sweet Deccy. I'll bet you could have stayed there all day with them. I love the breed. They are stunning dogs and I too agree that bad owner = bad dog
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm very fond of Rotties and have met some wonderful ones over the years
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 08:31 AM
What a nice report for a change. I haven't met a nasty Rottie yet - just big lovable lumps. What a shame this type of story doesn't get in the papers
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 08:32 AM
i started training classes last sat and the people who run it have 5 rotties between them and they was all there and what great dogs they come every week and they help with the trainer showing us what they mean they was all so soft and gentle and it was really good to see no one backed of when they realised they was there. cant wait for tom so we see them again ...lol
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 11:06 AM
I have yet to meet a bad Rottie too. They are usually delighful.
My Rottie xGSD loves everyone and would let anyone in to burgle the house if they gave her a fuss at the same time.
Yesterday an RSPCA chap came into my house talking about fund raising and asked if he could meet my dogs. Bearing in mind there is only my daughter and I here so dogs not used to men in the house. I let them out and they both leapt all over him slobbering and kissing him to death. Not even a hesitation or slight suspicion of "who are you are you good or bad" just Wey hey someone come to give us more love and cuddles, so much for my great protecters .
Out on a walk though she often gives the wrong impression and sounds horrendous if another dog about as she suffers with fear aggression after being attacked a few times. Once she knows the other dog won't hurt her she is fine, unless its a border collie.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >