View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hirdy
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2006, 02:49 PM

What colour eyes are required to show a blue staffie?

My dog has brown eye, light brown with a black ring on the outer, would she be ok to show?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Do you have any pics of her?
A light eye is considered a fault but dogs have been placed,it depends on alot of things,judges look for sound movement,correct pigmentation,correct mouth and placement of teeth,height in relation to weight,correct ear carriage etc
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 04:43 PM
im sorry but i didnt know that dogs had to have certain eye colour well ive learnt something new
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by hirdy View Post
My dog has brown eye, light brown with a black ring on the outer, would she be ok to show?
Hi Hirdy welcome to Dogsey ,
the breed standard states
Eyes
Dark preferred but may bear some relation to coat colour. Round, of medium size, and set to look straight ahead. Eye rims dark

If in doubt I would ask the secretary of one of the many Breed Clubs, there is a list on the Kennel Club website
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/87
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi Jen,
If a stafford has a very light eye it will spoil the expression on the staffords face,same with the ears if they arn't carried properly.
Every judge is different though and interprets the breed standard differently,what one judge may see has a fault another may not.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Some posts have been deleted, please stay on topic.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Brown should be fine, I have a friend who judges and has allowed blue eyes in a blue stafford, as nissanmad has said, eye colour is less important than other things. All dogs have their faults but brown should be ok.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
im sorry but i didnt know that dogs had to have certain eye colour well ive learnt something new
Hi BML,
in alaskan malmutes blue eyes are not allowed and will be ask to leave the ring
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 06:50 AM
It is worth mentioning that in the UK, there are no disqualifying faults. No dog will be asked to leave the ring on the basis of eye colour here in the UK. In other parts of the world it may well be different.

Judges here (UK) apply the KC breed standard as they interpret it, and make decisions based on their interpretation of the degree of any perceived fault.

I've said it before and it's still true, you can show a Purple dog with Pink stripes, but you just can't expect to win with it.

Dawn R.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
In the UK standard for Malamutes it states that blue eyes are highly undersireable, its not a disqualifying fault as stated above in the uk no breed has disqualfying faults.

Mo
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >