Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:04 PM

Grrrrr Spiders!!!!

I swear we seem to have a nest outside our bedroom window at the moment! and its not little spiders, its the HUGE BLACK house spiders!

I thought we had a nest outside our bathroom window as If we left it open we would guarentee find one of these blighters in our bath. So now we keep that window shut. But OH left our bedroom windows open all day yesterday and when I went into our room that evening there was one near my pillow. *here comes the screaming and yelling for the OH to get it!* not great when your OH is scared of them too.

Literally ten minutes later another one appears on the wall. Now these things are MASSIVE. Start hyperventilating again and panicking it might eat me

So as you can guess I didn't get the best sleep in the world last night, kept looking at the ceiling, checking under my pillows. There was also two on Friday night, but one hid under my wardrobe so could still be in there. so thats 4 BIG spiders in 4 days!

Is there anything I can buy, a spray maybe, to keep them out. I dont have the guts to clean the outside windowsills, maybe I could hire someone?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 12:09 PM
pmsl, really pmsl

stop being such a girl :P

and no you cnat buy any spray, maybe buy insect screens for your windows.lol
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I seem to have had loads of spiders this year, more than normal anyway. They don't bother me as such but the things I really don't like are those awful flying daddy long legs/dragonfly type thingies!!!!They are all over the place right now and I hate it if one gets into my bedroom. Oh yes - and I hate the mossies that are making a meal of me right now, covered in mossie bites at the moment!!! Just call me 'Spotty Muldoon' !!!!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:10 PM
I know what you mean our house seems to be overun with the damn things at the moment,the last couple of weeks we have had loads.When i went to the bathroom this morning there were 2 great big ones.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:13 PM
You're complaining? - I had a bloomin shower with one this morning. I always put the plug in when I have a shower and I turns round and sees this black thing floating in the water - so I had to get out and scoop it up in the jug and give it the kiss of life and then throw it out of the bathroom window (ok I lied about the kiss of life )

Did your spider look something like this?

This one was probably the one I shared my shower with this morning as it was in the pantry which is below the bathroom.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:15 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH :smt088 :smt088 :smt088

DONT YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!!

:smt022
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
and no you cnat buy any spray, maybe buy insect screens for your windows.lol
Mwahh ha - FOUND and BROUGHT!

http://www.betterware.co.uk/productd...language=en-GB
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH :smt088 :smt088 :smt088

DONT YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!!

:smt022
I don't think that was his 'best' side - heres another one - I will try and get one of his 'cute' little face next time.... He was a bit camera shy.

Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 12:30 PM
lol hope your spider spray works, never heard of that before!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 12:40 PM
im betting that spider spray is useless
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »