View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2006, 04:26 PM

Brushing etc... (how to get puppy to calmly accept grooming?)

My friend's got a thirteen week old puppy...she's had dogs all her life and has never had a problem with any of them where brushing is concerned. She is managing to get on top of the biting and nipping from all of your advice but her dog is not allowing her to brush him or even look into his ears etc....is it too early for a puppy to allow brushing or has she just encountered a stubborn one Any tips or advice as to how she can get round him so he lets her brush him etc would be great. Thanks
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2006, 05:22 PM
its just patience and time ...some love it some need persuading LOL

keep going a little every day he will soon understand that its part his daily routine and he will be rewarded for it
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I agree with Inca and do not forget to treat, Zuki hates it, when she was a pup i used to put her on a high table so she could see the difference betwen playing and grooming. She used to think that it was playtime if i did it on my lap
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Good idea...putting him onto a table...might just teach him the difference. Thanks