Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 05:52 PM

Home Study Course

Has anyone done a Home Study Course relating to Dogs?
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:04 PM
hi yes ive done a few,some with the animal care college and some with the canine behaviour center
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I am thinking of doing a dog behaviour course via home study. It seems good, but not quite as good as hands on, one to one teaching. Still it would be really interesting!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by murphydog
hi yes ive done a few,some with the animal care college and some with the canine behaviour center
Hope that you don't mind me asking, did they take long to complete, which ones did you do? Both the places you mentioned are the sites I have been looking at.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 11:21 AM
My OH is just about to start a course hopefully - think it's John Rogerson course. Homestudy with practical sessions too. Think its about 18 months long
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 01:45 PM
No, but I think you shoud go for it Sweep!

It is something I'd like to do, but now isn't the time, too busy organizing house-move number 1! (then will have second house move in about 8 weeks time! )
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
No, but I think you shoud go for it Sweep!

It is something I'd like to do, but now isn't the time, too busy organizing house-move number 1! (then will have second house move in about 8 weeks time! )
Seriously thinking about it, have been searching for a little job for an age now, NOTHING, if I don't do something soon I'm going to go nuts
:smt101 :smt101 :smt103 :smt081 :smt044 :smt021 :smt017
murphydog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2006, 09:07 PM
hi ive done the canine human interface (now called" think dog") and canine bereavement councilling with animal care college and dog psychology with canine behaviour centre, but actually i read earlier someone (sorry cant remember who ) mentioned john rogerson i have done all of his courses he is great and i would def recommend this one, i have also done a lot of training with ian dunbar he is excellant! if you get chance to go to one of his seminars then def go it is worth it!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by murphydog
hi ive done the canine human interface (now called" think dog") and canine bereavement councilling with animal care college and dog psychology with canine behaviour centre, but actually i read earlier someone (sorry cant remember who ) mentioned john rogerson i have done all of his courses he is great and i would def recommend this one, i have also done a lot of training with ian dunbar he is excellant! if you get chance to go to one of his seminars then def go it is worth it!
Just wondering what you receive? Books etc?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Go for it. I done a dog and cat nutritional course and really enjoyed it. There was an exam at the end which I passed so got my certificates.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >