Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Keybeagle
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-08-2006, 11:32 AM

Pooper Scooper! Which One??

Hiya all,

Well, sadly its part of life owning a dog I know but I hate the picking up of the "poo". Hand inside a bag might be fine for some people but unfortunately I cant bring myself to do it

My wife always picks it up and this means that I dont take Missy out by myself much, dont get me wrong we take her out atleast twice a day to see the horse, its just I would like to take her out when I am at home by myself.

Anyway, I have been looking online at various "pooper scoopers" and some look good, some look cheap and rubbish and others sound too good to be true.

My question is, does anyone know of a good one that I could buy? I dont want one of those little plastic £2 ones, something abit more erm whats the word.......user friendly?

I know you will think I am a wimp lol but we all have our thing we hate and "poo" is mine lol

Thanks in advance.

Oh I have found one which looks quite good, here is the link, let me know what you think.

http://www.swoopthepoop.com/site/1/buy.html
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm a hand in the bag sort of gal so can't really help, except to say that the scoops I've tried in the past have ended up in the bin as they have been more disgusting than sticking your hand in a bag as you have to scoop and catch...not nice, you definitely interact more with the poop than you do when you just cover it up in a bag. I got fed up of chasing a stray lump around....:smt078 :smt078 :smt078
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Agree with Ailsa, dont think there is a qucker cleaner way than just popping it in a back. It is amazing how if you do it often enough it is no big deal and you just get used to to it. I think all these contraptions just make more of a mess and then you have to clean them up.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:47 AM
at home i use a small shovel thats kept in a bucket of disenfectant .....i put mine down the manhole with all the human waste
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 11:51 AM
On walks I use scented nappy bags.

At home I use a small shovel!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Out and about I use nappy bags, lovely handwarmers in the winter!!!!!
At home I use a small coal shovel to scrape it up onto a larger shovel.

My grandaughter aged three always asks "Have you got enough nappy bags grandma?" as we are going out, she also like to have some in her pocket!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 02:08 PM
i hve a pooper grabber you fix the bag to the thingy and it picks it up and you just put in the bin but i cant get on with it so i use my nappy sacks instead
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 02:11 PM
oooh I can totally relate to this - there is no way I could put my hand in a bag. I use the pedigree chum pooper scooper. It's black and basically goes over the bag - scoop, tie and it's all done - no mess!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Hand in bag, but with the added protection of a latex glove . At home we use 2 dustpans from tesco's and the dogs have the brushes as toys
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hand in the bag for me, so much easier as bags fit in any pocket no need to carry contraptions around, also a quick and clean way to dispose of. To be honest our park is very dog friendly with plenty of dog bins so always lots of dog walkers about and have to say I have never seen anyone use a pooper scooper just the old hand in the bag method.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >