Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 09:25 AM

Grass Seeds!!!

Blimin grass seeds.
Found one in Skyes ear last night. She was doing a fair bit of head banging. Took her to the vets this morning, luckily it has fallen out. Her ears a little sore so the vet gave me some Canaural.
Where can you take them for a walk? Theres grass seeds everywhere
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 10:24 AM
tell me about it mine come back covered in them and them sticky balls things spend most of my time brushing them out
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Cookie(had to be her) Got one stuck up her Nose last year,it was just a tad to far in for Vet to Reach.Had to knock her out to have it Removed Cost Nearly£100
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
tell me about it mine come back covered in them and them sticky balls things spend most of my time brushing them out
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

sticky balls to you too ,glad to hear your boys are ok again now ,but i agree the grass seeds are a nigtmare
shekiz
New Member!
Female 

22-07-2006, 12:39 PM
They are everywhere, on my dog, my cats, the amount of brushing is unbelievable and my boss is moaning, I am lucky I can take Izz to work, now he's moaning about the amount of grass seed in the carpet, that wont come out with hoovering, Ive had to volunteer to hoover, still it keeps Izz at work.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 01:42 PM
God those sticky balls, I must pull about 20 out of Ozzies coat twice a day!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Be very careful with grass seeds and your dogs paws cause they slide into the webbing everso easliy and often require surgery to remove.Meadows are the worst cause the grass is always long so the seed heads are allowed to mature so check paws after being walked in them!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Be very careful with grass seeds and your dogs paws cause they slide into the webbing everso easliy and often require surgery to remove.Meadows are the worst cause the grass is always long so the seed heads are allowed to mature so check paws after being walked in them!

About 6 years ago Amie had a limp,at the Vets they found a hole in her Foot.About a week Later she got a abscess on her Face,took her to the Vet again when he pushed on it it brust and a Grass seed came out the vet is sure the Grass seed went in her Foot First and moved though her body coming out her Face
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2006, 04:05 PM
grass seeds are awful, I have to check Archie really carefully as he gets masses stuck in the webbing of his toes like Steve said

Yesterday when we came home from the park Archie started chewing his back leg and I noticed a massive spiky flower thing stuck in it
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
About 6 years ago Amie had a limp,at the Vets they found a hole in her Foot.About a week Later she got a abscess on her Face,took her to the Vet again when he pushed on it it brust and a Grass seed came out the vet is sure the Grass seed went in her Foot First and moved though her body coming out her Face
My ole Rottie was plagued with them and always in same paw & spot unfortuntely.They are more dangerous than people think cause if they make their way to the heart through arteries-it can kill them.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >