View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 12:27 AM

Poorly puppy at 5 weeks, wish her well please.

As many of you are aware I am due to get my Bichon Frise puppy in a few weeks time. It has been a long haul waiting on lists etc. but, finally I have dared to dream that I will finally get her home. However, today the breeder has contacted me with some alarming news. The bitch has been suffering with the heat and two of the puppies (mine is one of them) are currently at the vets on a drip. She will apparently be there for a few days as quote "vet thinks because she is a small pup her hypothalmus isnt as developed as some bigger ones at the moment hence her problems, but feels that she will have a sore leg for some time due to drip line". I feel so helpless sat here waiting to hear if she pulls through and a little bit selfish too, as I should just be glad that the others are okay and hope the bitch makes a full recovery. This is the litter taken just last weekend at 4 weeks of age and as you can see all look well then.

I can't sleep and would be very greatful for any positive vibes sent her way. Sorry to ramble on but I'm feeling a little tearful and helpless at present.

Kath X
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Oh dear I can understand how worried and upset you must be.

Puppies do go downhill so quickly, but she is in the best place and will be receiving the best of care. Also bear in mind that puppies are surprisingly resilient and, with good care, can bounce back just as quickly as they go down.

All good wishes to your pup. Hoping that the next news is good news.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Oh dear I can understand how worried and upset you must be.

Puppies do go downhill so quickly, but she is in the best place and will be receiving the best of care. Also bear in mind that puppies are surprisingly resilient and, with good care, can bounce back just as quickly as they go down.

All good wishes to your pup. Hoping that the next news is good news.
Thanks SB - I know you're right but, with my luck and all I just can't help worrying.

Kath X
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh poor you You must be devestated to hear bad news about your pup so close to her coming home.

I really hope she improves. Sending good vibes her way and (((hugs))) to you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Oh Kath, so sorry to hear this. Sending healing vibes to the bitch and your little puppy. Hopefully, she'll recover and be with you as planned soon xx
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks Brandiesnap

Thanks Vicki

The breeder has sent me another message, she's saying that I will get my little girl..it may just be a few weeks later than planned. I so hope she's right. Not said anything though about the other pup at the vets or the bitch so keep on sending those healing vibes please.

Thanks everyone, Kath X
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear the news,sending healing vibes your way for the puppies that are ill and their Mum.
Hoping they will be home soon.xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 06:49 AM
We had a pup in a past litter that dehydrated after a worming session (the dreaded Panacur) she spent 2 days in the vet on a drip, when she came home she was fine, she was one of the smaller girls in the litter at 4 weeks old too, fingers crossed these little pups pick up as quickly as ours did.
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Fingers and paws crossed for you and the pup, I know how it feels to be waiting for a pup for a long time and never daring to hope it might finally be happening.

I hope the little one is better soon XX
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Thank you Zantababy

Thanks crazycockers I hope your right. We previously wormed all of our litters using panacur (as it was a few years ago and the vet then advised as being the best, and fortunately I have never lost or had any problems with our litters, although I believe panacur can be a bit harsh as it treats for lungworms etc, as well). Good point though as she never mentioned if she'd wormed them before this but, as they would be just 5 weeks old last weekend - it's a fair bet.

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the support - it really helps to know that people are routing for them.

Kath X
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »