Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Last Chance Animal Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

01-07-2006, 07:04 PM

Yam, The Chow Chow

Yam UPDATE

[image][/image]
Yam is a beautiful Chow Chow male of six years old, apparently a show dog in his younger days, at present he is entire, but will be booked in once settled into his foster home. Yam was to be PTS on 4th July, why I here you say. Well Yam's owner died six months ago, and poor Yam has been living in the garden and garage until we heard of his plight. Due to this reason, no one was able to catch him, and the longer he was left without human company the more frightened of them him became.

We have him now in our care and is currently in a wonderful foster home so that they can work their magic. I collected him and brought him to our rescue, I am a total stranger to him, but he was a delight, he let me pick him up with lots of struggling as his a heavy boy, he let me give him a new collar and a brush and loads of strokes, he is very approachable.
There will further update on this boy, as I will leave him a week or more, then get reports from his fosterers.
If you would like to know about him, just get in touch by any of the routes below.

UPDATE

[image][/image]
Well, all I can say that whoever rehomes this boy is going to be very, very lucky. Yam has proved to be a wonderful, friendly, approachable, laid back, socialable, friendly fellar you get every want to know.
Yam is great on the lead, he will pull a tiny bit if he sees something of interest, i.e. Children playing, or a football, or anything of interest, well his missed out on so much that everything is new and exciting to him, he wants to explore the world and know what’s going on out there. We now believe that this dog was never walked, hence his interest in his surroundings. Yam has meet loads of other dogs and children, and he has been absolutely fine with all those he has met. He is great with the fosterers rats and parrots, and seems to not be bothered about the cats that he has seen whilst walking. Yam is a delight to walk, he walks very nicely unless he wants to check something out, where he might pull a bit to get over to see it.

Yam has no issues regarding food, dogs, sleeping, toys etc, he is very good natured, independent and relaxed, he is not used to stairs, as the previous owner lived in a bungalow, so he doesn’t even attempt to go up them, he is great in the car and will sit there happily watching the world go by, even if are not with him, Yam can be left, even thou he hasn’t been for a long time at present, but he is calm and not destructive in anyway.

Yam loves to be groomed and gets all silly, and lovely dovey at all the attention. He is responding well to training and is very approachable and is eager to come in from the garden when called. Loads of lovely things about this boy, if you want to know more please contact us on the details below, and we will put you in contact with the fosterer. We are ideally looking for someone that knows the breed, and as he has never lived with children, we think it’s advisable to rehome him to a teenage/adult family.

MORE PICTURES AVAILABLE
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:32 PM
can we have an update please