Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:24 PM

Dog having very watery stools

Cyrus our 23 month old sibe has had very watery stools for the last 3-4 days hes still very much himself, playful, crazy always running around you know the usual sibe.
Hes eating normally and drinking the same amount of water and has even put on weight since the last time we weighed him (about two weeks ago)

What do you think could be causing this? Could it be the weather?

What could we do to cure it or do you think its a trip to the vets?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:39 PM
is it like water???
Colour??
Any sign of blood???
Vomiting???
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to say without knowing the above..our dogs have had projectile water poos in the past...normally because of a bout of gastroenteritis which has needed a vet...
Can't see it being the weather...but I'm not sure. If I were you, I think I'd err on getting him checked out..sorry not muh help really!!! Ax
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Its thicker than water and normal poo colour no sign of blood or vomiting
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 07:57 PM
sounds like it's not as bad as ours have been in the past, maybe keep an eye on it the next couple of days..if it gets any sign of blood in or he starts to vomit/become lethargic/refuse water/food then whizz him straight to the vet.
Could he have worms???? Sometimes they can give funny symptoms. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon!!!!! Hope he gets better soon...not exactly pleasant to clean up are they?!!!
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2006, 08:06 PM
No not easy at all in the garden we just pop the hose on but on walks its another matter luckily I carry a bottle of water in warmer weather for them to have a drink enroute so have been squirting that onto it after I have picked up what I can.

Hes had problems with wormers not lasting long enough in the past so has been put on a double doseage by the vets and is due to be wormed again on july first, I wonder if he is becoming immune to the wormer and may need a change does anyone have experience of this?
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Cyrus,

Have you changed his food recently? That can sometimes cause a change is their stooles as the ingredients in the new food may not agree with them.

If it doesn't clear up soon I'd take him back to the vet. My boxer pup, she's only 4 months old now had the same problem. We got her from a bad breeder and she has been back and forth to the vet. First they put her on the Hills sensitive food, it was expensive but it helped to settle her stomache. The they took a stoole sample, they found worms eventhough she had just had her worm dose so they prescribed another dose, not sure if it was a stronger one but it has worked.