Our sister sites
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Mobile Dog Grooming vans?!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here!!

I've just enrolled myself onto a dog grooming course as I have decided that is what I want to do .I'm also doing the Dip in Canine Behaviour and Training so aim to start a business involving all three!

I trying to find manufacturers were I can buy a dog grooming van, does anyone know? R there any mobile groomers out there that can give me any advice? It'll be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Sara
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 09:03 PM
sorry can't help but good luck with your new adventure
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Hi sara,

what area are you in?

there's a company that fits out vans with baths/tanks/dryers etc not sure if they can source a van for you but I believe you need a LWB Hi Roof van

hope its ok to put this link here .....

www.sturdyfibreglass.co.uk
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys!

I live in West London. The place you told me about is the only one I could find. Have been searching for ages!!!

Have u got ure own grooming van?
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2006, 05:41 PM
oo sounds great. good luck with everything babe
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by sara
Thanks guys!

I live in West London. The place you told me about is the only one I could find. Have been searching for ages!!!

Have u got ure own grooming van?
I've just completed my grooming course and been looking to venture out in the mobile van scenario, since I began my advanced part of the course I've been trying to source everything needed to set up, but like you, they are the only company I can find short of going through a franchise but even then you have to provide your own van and I think they use sturdy fibre glass anyway to fit their vans out
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2006, 05:57 PM
How did u find ure course? I'm really looking forward to doing mine. My parents think I'm nuts, haven't really told them what I'm planning to do coz don't think they'll really think it's a great idea!!

I've seen some of those franchising companies, not really keen on the idea coz there must be some sort of catch to it!

Have u got an idea on how much it's all gonna cost? What area do u live in?
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I initially looked at doing an intensive one/two on one course but they were so expensive that I just couldn't afford that so I put up search in the 'Ask Jeeves' search engine for dog grooming courses and it brought lots of links up and luckily 2 colleges fairly local ran part time courses much cheaper but obviously over a much longer period of time (18mth - 2yrs in all)

Money wise from what I can source for the van and conversion alone about £10 - 15k

I'm in the South Yorkshire region
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2006, 06:20 PM
had a look on google..

http://www.k9dogbaths.co.uk/vanconversions.htm

what behaviour course are u doin?
saraUK
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2006, 08:01 PM
If you look on the association of pet dog trainers website (www.apdt.co.uk) you will find a list of all the good dog training and behaviour courses.

The one I am doing is via the Centre of Applied Pet Ethology (COAPE). I'm doing the introductory 6 month one first and then in Seotember am gonna start the Diploma in Canine Behaviour and Training.

Have a look on their website coz they have lots of courses all at diff levels.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >