Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:11 PM

Annoying neighbours

I see from other people's threads that many of us have neighbours that annoy us in one way or another. Let's hear your stories.

Myself, I have a family on one side, who really aren't that bad but the kids are always kicking their football into my garden (although that seems to have stopped now the school holidays are finished)

On the other side is an old couple. The wife is very nice and friendly but if I'm ever unlucky enough to catch the husband on his own he always starts making personal comments about my clothes and lifestyle and garden. I think he's got some kind of dementia or something because he doesn't seem to be able to control what he says. It's not just me he bothers: he hangs around his garden gate and collars anyone who walks past and finds something to criticise or complain about. Usually it's because they've stepped on the grass verge on the pavement outside his house - he's obsessed with keeping this pristine. He's even told me off for parking my own car on the verge outside MY house a few times. He's incredibly nosy and I've caught him in my front garden several times - peering into my house once, and even looking in my bins!!! I try to be tolerant because he probably can't help it and I actually find him more amusing than annoying most of the time, but every now and again I have to have a go at him for being racist, which isn't very nice and I won't put up with even if he is mentally ill.

Well, that turned into a bit of a rant but let's hear everyone elses stories too.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:22 PM
i have a copper and a fireman. so i have to say i am very happy. and they go running with my OH then come over mine 4 dinner. dam i am lucky!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
i have a copper and a fireman. so i have to say i am very happy. and they go running with my OH then come over mine 4 dinner. dam i am lucky!
Bloomin eck Lillybet - some people have all the luck don't they - there wouldnt be any houses for sale on your road would there?............
becktrek
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Hummmm... I have a guy that plays his car music so loud I can hear it in my house! And he has his windows rolled up. I just don't see how he can stand it in the car if I can hear it in my house.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Bloomin eck Lillybet - some people have all the luck don't they - there wouldnt be any houses for sale on your road would there?............
1 3doors up as it happens
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by becktrek
Hummmm... I have a guy that plays his car music so loud I can hear it in my house! And he has his windows rolled up. I just don't see how he can stand it in the car if I can hear it in my house.

Oh I have one of them next door - he's 19 and everytime his parents go out he puts this absolutely awful thumping music on and he opens his window in his bedroom so all the road can hear it - he's so considerate I nearly had a breakdown once when they went away on holiday - he was about 16 then and he had all his mates round and the music was continiously on day and night - I felt like I was going mad - I just couldn't get away from the thumping no matter where in my house I went.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Theres only 8 houses where i live and everyone here gets on alright,but no one goes round others homes though so we're not that close!

Minda-mental issues or not-you have the right to privacy so perhaps your neighbours need reminding of this! I wouldnt give a fig what the bloke has and would just tell another of his family member to keep an eye on him.That would give me the creeps seeing someone looking inside my house and my bin!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet
1 3doors up as it happens
I'm on my way...................
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Excuse me in advance if this turns into a long winded rant
My neighbours believe that it perfectly ok to play their obscene hard core garage or whatever its called as loud as they like! just so long as they turn it off before 9pm (when incedentally the mum wants to settle down for the night).. our back garden was a complete no go zone last summer, on occasion I would bundle my then 3yr old indoors whilst trying to keep his ears covered.. because this music really is not appropriate for a toddler to hear! the furniture in what "used" to be my sons bedroom vibrates.. 5 drawer solid pine chest of drawers etc.. On boxing day we were walking around the park in the sleet in the dark becuase after going round I was told "it aint F***ing loud"..... yet again..she has been in my house to listen to what I can hear and says well it's ok what do you expect you live next door to a teenager! I say how is my son supposed to sleep.. " oh he'll get used to it" I say why should he .. she says "what do you expect" etc etc
I cannot remember the last time we actually tried to stay in for the weekend.. we always have loads of things planned for both wet & dry weather so as soon as it starts we go out the door! I moved my son into what used to be the dressing room and have now left his room as play room..
I got so tired of the excuses and abusive attitude that now whenever it is not to my liking I hold a peice of wood on the chimney breast and batter it wih a hammer until the music is turned down... it works ..
I have spent nearly a year trying to be reasonable and decided that battering the wall was a better alternative than losing my temper .. which I felt very close to doing! It is the noise I dislike not my neighbours.. I know she has a blindspot where her 17 yr old son is concerned.. and he is just doing what he can get away with.. having said that... since I stopped him getting beaten up in the park last week he has been much queiter, maybe he realises i'm not quite the pushover he thought I was!

Anyway what really peeves me is that people mistake civility for stupidity...and that being a teenager is a "good" excuse for bad behaviour

Phew thats better
Rachel
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Minda-mental issues or not-you have the right to privacy so perhaps your neighbours need reminding of this! I wouldnt give a fig what the bloke has and would just tell another of his family member to keep an eye on him.That would give me the creeps seeing someone looking inside my house and my bin!!!
If it bothered me at all I would definitely have words, but for some reason I just find it funny. When his wife's around he behaves himself and she's there most of the time.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >