Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 03:42 PM

National Dog Show

Went to Stafford for Thursday, Utility and Toy Group, stayed in a hotel nearby overnight with lots of doggy people there too which was nice all so friendly, however got no sleep as window too small to open far and heat too much in room, poor dogs slept on bathroom floor to get cooled down and then the noise from the motorway deafening!

Show facilities and organisation top class, even ice cream to buy!!

Willo, our 7 month Japanese Spitz won his minor puppy class so we were pleased and he seemed to really enjoy himself, the judge was lovely even moved us out of the direct sun as the dogs have a lot of hair and can easily overheat.

Only negative thing is the tent for dogs unentered on the day, we took our 6 month puppy and left here there but not for long, I went to check on her and the tent was closed tight for security reasons and much too hot, they were complaining of dogs left in cars but this was also too hot and dogs were barking away the man in charge sitting in a corner yelling at the top of his head, SHUT UP, so I told him we were leaving early and took her out and kept her with us for the short while we had left at the show, otherwise a great show.

Cannot show at SKC would not be right as the breeder of our pups is judging so next show may be Blackpool if all goes well.

Good luck to all who are showing at present.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Well done Willo! Great result!
I know what you mean about hotels, that's why I got a camper
Very shocked to hear about the unentered dogs tent, thought they were run by dog lovers, I shall certainly think twice about using the facility if I come over to the UK. We don't have it in Ireland, entered and unentered are all at the show competing or watching, it's more low key and laid back.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks Deccy. Dog shows in Ireland sound so much more relaxing, think we should come over there to show. I would love a camper, keep dropping Large hints to Pete but he has excuses why not to, ah well maybe one day, x
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I didn't go Thursday I was babysitting Cassie so missed the show glad you had a good time
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Well done on your result, shame about SKC, but good luck for Blackpool!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Congratulations,Well done:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Sounds like you had a really enjoyable day.