Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 03:28 PM

Paintballing!

Well we went paintballing for the first time on saturday. Its not something we've ever done before but we'd definitely do it again.

Just wondering how many of you have done it before and what you thought about it?

It wasnt cheap at £55 a person but it was a full day and that did include all your kit, 10 games, 1100 paintballs, food and drink. Luckily we paid late so didnt have to pay the £20 deposit so it only cost us £35 each!

It was situated in a lovely woods - if there wasnt paintballing going on i would have loved to walk the dogs there! And they had 2 gorgeous big fluffy bears of alsations there too. :smt049 Big fluffy beasts they were heehe but both on a diet so no one was allowed to feed them. Didnt stop them pulling food out the bins though

I did get a couple of good bruises but on the whole i was a little GI Jane i managed to stay in the whole time for 8 out of 10 games - although i did get hit the paintballs bounced and didnt burst so it didnt count as a hit haha! I definitely took out at least 6 people inc OH on the 5th game, at least 4 and got a flag on the 6th game and on the last game i managed to get a barrel all on my own (it was nearly the size of me!). I hit OH on the ankle twice on game 5 and he was not impressed when he found out it was me lol. He has got two big lumps there now

The marshalls did a great job policing the games and keeping everyone safe and in hand and everyone had a really great day. Even better was that the birthday boy Ian and OH carl were on one team and me and Mel (Ians OH) were on the other team. And our team won!!!!! We scored 1030 and they scored 746 yay!!!!! Ok we werent the only ones on the team but in the final two games our team were 4 players down and we still kicked their butts! (on the last game we got all 6 barrels and shot them to pieces!)

So a great day was had by all, unfortunately no pictures of the days events to share with you guys but some great memories. Oh and i am still very stiff and sore even today!!! It was well worth it though
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Did it years ago. It is great fun!

I recall we were doing a last man standing type game and I'd got hunkered down behind some hay bails with a couple of guys trying to get me. It was a case of pop up, loose off a couple of rounds, then get back down again. Well, I ran out of ammo, but they never twigged! I just kept firing 'blanks' at 'em, to keep them from outflanking me. Worked a treat! By the end of the game, I was still 'alive'!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 04:31 PM
We have passed one but never gone in, it looks loads a fun my children would find it a ball
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I used to go once a month for about a year with some work friends, it's great fun , a little painful sometimes but that's just more incentive not to get shot !
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 04:55 PM
o/h and my brother have been and they really enjoyed it , its not my thing thou it might hurt
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
its great fun but be prepared to come home with bruise's LOL or was it that i got shot too many time ...urm perhaps
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Often talked about doing it, but never actually got round to doing it. It sounds like you had a fantastic day, really pleased for you.

Where was it held ? as I am only in West Sussex.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 09:59 AM
lol well yes it was a bit painful when you got hit but only initially cos the adrenaline soon made you forget until the end where everyone was prodding each other's bruises (wouldnt recommend that bit!)

We were at mayhem paintballing which is inbetween Canterbury and Faversham in Kent. But they also run a site near the Dartford tunnel i believe.

One thing i would do different is take a pair of gloves - like gardening gloves or something - one you dont get sweaty hands while trying to hold a gun and also several people got hit on the hand and got a few cuts so it would protect them nicely.

P.S i am a right wuss when it comes to pain so probably a good job that i am a shortie and can run quite fast - smaller & quicker target to hit hehehe
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
ow ow ow ow ow
I loved pantballing but the next day i looked like my Oh had battered me - I was covered in bruises ( clearly I was crap at hiding !!)

The worst was where my Oh shot me in the stomach about 3 times - I had a bruise that lasted about 5 weeks "!!!
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog
ow ow ow ow ow
I loved pantballing but the next day i looked like my Oh had battered me - I was covered in bruises ( clearly I was crap at hiding !!)

The worst was where my Oh shot me in the stomach about 3 times - I had a bruise that lasted about 5 weeks "!!!

I have the same problem, My backside is unfortunatley a large and all too easy target.I always found I was having to sit down rather gingerley for a few days after paintballing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >