Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:17 PM

Went out to buy new shoes...

Well after taking Harvey to the beach earlier today and having a fab time, I decided to have a look in some out of town shops.

I went into Curry's and had a look around, in need of a new cooker (electric) but most of them were gas.

Then I went into Brantano Footwear, and was looking for some Country Jacks, they are sooo comfortable. When i fist bought them they came in mules only, but now they have so many different styles. Found a lovely pair, paid for them and then into boots for menopausal aids. Had another funny few days so i thought i would check out what is on offer besides HRT (which I am not overly keen on giving in to) got some items and went to the till point. I was told to go a select another 3 for 2 item, so I put my shoe bag down and went to get another item. Returned to the tillpoint paid and left the shop.

Whilst sitting eating my dinner this evening I thought i didn't remember bringing the shoe bag in, so went to get it out of the car!! Not there, so I can only assume I left it in boots! Telephoned them and they close an hour before the other traders, so I will have to go back up there in the morning in the hope that someone had handed them in. It was only 30 mins or so before the store closed so fingers crossed, or I will be £35 down I just cant seem to concentrate at the moment, and am becoming so forgetfull!!! let alone feeling spaced out all the time....
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-04-2006, 08:19 PM
aw, hope you find them.

i know about the forgetful thing, i so have no concentration.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Fingers crossed they have them.

Hope you feel a bit less spaced out soon. xx
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Well after taking Harvey to the beach earlier today and having a fab time, I decided to have a look in some out of town shops.

I went into Curry's and had a look around, in need of a new cooker (electric) but most of them were gas.

Then I went into Brantano Footwear, and was looking for some Country Jacks, they are sooo comfortable. When i fist bought them they came in mules only, but now they have so many different styles. Found a lovely pair, paid for them and then into boots for menopausal aids. Had another funny few days so i thought i would check out what is on offer besides HRT (which I am not overly keen on giving in to) got some items and went to the till point. I was told to go a select another 3 for 2 item, so I put my shoe bag down and went to get another item. Returned to the tillpoint paid and left the shop.

Whilst sitting eating my dinner this evening I thought i didn't remember bringing the shoe bag in, so went to get it out of the car!! Not there, so I can only assume I left it in boots! Telephoned them and they close an hour before the other traders, so I will have to go back up there in the morning in the hope that someone had handed them in. It was only 30 mins or so before the store closed so fingers crossed, or I will be £35 down I just cant seem to concentrate at the moment, and am becoming so forgetfull!!! let alone feeling spaced out all the time....

Oh I know exactly how you feel - I started the menopause at 34 and my memory went really bad and it's never gone right again even though my periods started again with the help of some HRT. Sometimes I just can't think straight at all and there are so many things I forget and it really annoys me I have started taking vitamin B1 and some Omega fish oil capsules from Tesco in hope that it might help a bit - only trouble is I 'forget' to take them

Hope you get your shoes back tomorrow and that someone has been honest enough to hand them in
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Gawd Foxy,that reminds me of my neighbour who was telling me about these great tablets that you take for your memory......she just couldnt remember what they were called.!!!!!!!

Hope your shoes are there when you call,Harveys mum.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Your all as mad as me!!!!!!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo
Gawd Foxy,that reminds me of my neighbour who was telling me about these great tablets that you take for your memory......she just couldnt remember what they were called.!!!!!!!

Hope your shoes are there when you call,Harveys mum.

I know its awful having a bad memory cos I used to have a really good one
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Your all as mad as me!!!!!!!!
We're worse.

I'm surprised Helena hasn't been on this thread cos she is even worse than we are
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh I know exactly how you feel - I started the menopause at 34 and my memory went really bad and it's never gone right again even though my periods started again with the help of some HRT. Sometimes I just can't think straight at all and there are so many things I forget and it really annoys me I have started taking vitamin B1 and some Omega fish oil capsules from Tesco in hope that it might help a bit - only trouble is I 'forget' to take them

Hope you get your shoes back tomorrow and that someone has been honest enough to hand them in
I too had memory problems - it actually became quite embarrassing - I would start to say something to someone at work and all coherent thought would just leave, leaving me stammering like an idiot, and those I was talking too looking very puzzled. I started taking Omega 3 about three months ago, and I can now actually see a difference - a lot less dithering! Stick with them Foxy, they do work in the end.

Harvey's Mum - I hope Boots have got your shoes (doesn't that sound odd?) - I'm sure if you were at the checkout, someone would have pointed out that you'd left them.

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Oh no, hope you find them.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >