Hints on Photographing Dogs

Here is an interesting web page

http://www.dogpatch.org/doginfo/takepics.html
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Great link Stewart,

The problem I have is with my digital camera, I catch a nice photo, press the button and then it has a delay between pressing the button and the photo being taken.

Also, I never seem to get professional looking photos, they always look quite basic and amateur-ish (if that's a word! )

It's a Fujifilm Finepix A405. Anyone got any ideas?
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 06:21 PM
What your describing is shutter lag and it's the same on most consumer digital cameras

my digitals the same
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I have found the shutter delay gets smaller the more you pay for a camera. Some of the really up market ones i have played with in the shops (always play never buy!) don't seem to have any.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Great link Stewart,

The problem I have is with my digital camera, I catch a nice photo, press the button and then it has a delay between pressing the button and the photo being taken.
Isn't this the most frustrating thing, i now take loads and delete the ones i don't want.
I think the problem is the dogs are always moving, but at least you don't have to wait to get them developed only to discover they're all cr*p
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
I have found the shutter delay gets smaller the more you pay for a camera. Some of the really up market ones i have played with in the shops (always play never buy!) don't seem to have any.
Yeah you're right
It is one of the most annoying things about digital
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-04-2006, 07:11 PM
people will start to think i'm some sort of perv. i've so many pictures of dogs bums where i've obviously been too slow and they've naffed off mid snap
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by trouble21
people will start to think i'm some sort of perv. i've so many pictures of dogs bums where i've obviously been too slow and they've naffed off mid snap
haha! me too!

You're right about waiting to have them developped though. We recently found a load of old films from our 'pre-digital days', paid out a small fortune to have them developped and there you go, all rubbish!

Am a bit miffed about camera though, it's only since I've had Takara that I've noticed the delay!

Oh well, can't ask for a camera for this birthday (18 on Friday!) as Takara was for this birthday, but I'll just have to wait!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree with you all on the shutter lag. If you can afford it, go for a digital SLR, or a very good quality compact, you should eliminate the problem then. It was frustrating to me too before I go the camera I have now.
Dawn.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

27-04-2006, 02:28 PM
ours is digital slr, just read some reviews on it and its meant to be brilliant. Apparently it has advanced features which i'm unaware of, i just point and click. OH bought it and then just talked me through it, looks like i shall have to find the instruction book and read it properly. Think it's probably me and not the camera.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >