Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2006, 02:08 PM

The other side of the coin.

With massive contrast to yesterdays walk,Ossie and i were on one of our ususal weekend jaunts over Stamner woods (a very popular place for dog walking) when a woman with her X breed dog came from another path and said "Oh what a lovely dog" I couldn't help but smile after yesterdays events.She went on to say how well behaved he was.She did want to know why i had him onlead,to which i explained about the breed and how although very rarely attack,but will defend themselves readily,she seemed to understand and even commended me on my responsible approach to my dog.I don't think she realised why i thanked her like i did.But this lady made me feel a whole lot better than i did this time yesterday.Sorry about starting another thread,but thought it quite important to redress the balance.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 02:12 PM
That's so good to hear!
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 02:13 PM
ahhhh, a much nicer experience for you
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I think that is absolutely lovely to have happened, must be fate meeting her!

It is fantastic to get an uplift like this after having such a horrible thing happen yesterday.

Sounds like a lovely lady. Very glad your paths crossed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Glad you met someone with more sense than that person yesterday.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:22 PM
aww stamford i am really happy for you and ossie that you had a turn around walk today after what happened yesterday to you im not surprised your happy and what a lovely lady for commenting ossie and you so pleased for you both give ossie and yourelf a big hug for having a brilliant day and if ever your out and someone upsets you just ignore them you know you got a lovely boy and hes got a wonderful loving owner
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:49 PM
good for you(& ossie!)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Aww thats great news Stamford at least you will feel a bit better now and know all women aren't as thick and ignorant as the one you encountered yesterday
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:56 PM
YAY Steve - you found a normal dog person......
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Aww thats great news Stamford at least you will feel a bit better now and know all women aren't as thick and ignorant as the one you encountered yesterday
lol,I know all women arn't thick or ingnorant Foxy,just that batty old cow from yesterday.It was just really nice that on the very next long walk,we came across such a lovely lady.She had no preconcived notion of what a Staffie should be like.No fear that her lovely dog would be savaged,and to top it all off she didn't seem to mind my tracksuit either.

Thanks for the replies,i just think its important to post the good news as well as the bad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >