Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2006, 07:02 PM

Almost lost it today.

Whilst out for our afternoon walk today, we met a man coming in the opposite direction with a lovely collie X.Ossie and this collie did the usual doggy thing sniffing and jumping around.The fella then asked why i had my dog on his extendable lead.To which i replied that firstly i had to be able to trust him 100% before letting him off.But secondly as he is a Staff,I may never be able to let him off safely while other dogs were about.I said anyhow that i had only rescued him a month ago and his training isn't up to the standard that i wanted yet.Now this is the bit that will upset you.He stood there open mouthed looking genuinely surprised and said "you,rescued a Staffy,you must be bloody mental" I thought he was joking and asked why? he said "my daughter tried rescuing a five month old Staffy once and he was absolutely nuts,infact he was so lively she had to have him PTS as he was causing her so much disruption."
Could somebody on here please explain to me which five month old puppy of any breed doesn't cause disruption and isn't lively???

Im sorry but i lost my cool and swore at the bloke telling him exactly what i though of his daughter.Not only that but is there really vets out there that will pts a healthy puppy just because somebody can't cope ???
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:08 PM
That's so sad How can anyone expect a puppy to be calm and well trained without putting any effort in (even with effort!!) Poor thing never even got the chance of a new home
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I can't say what I'm thinking right now.

That is so awful. Surely he's got the story wrong somewhere along the line?? Perhaps she had complained that it was lively and she couldn't cope and then it got ill and he put two and two together and came out with 7?? I really hope so anyway, surely there aren't vets out there who would do that?!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Sad?????? It's APPALLING!!!!

And HOW RUDE of him to give an opinion on your good work like that!!!!! What is the world coming to??
Well done for having your say!

(had to delete the rest of the proposed post as it is unprintable!)
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:17 PM
i've heard that in some cases when there is nothing wrong with the dog the vets says they will pts but dont, not sure how true this is but i have heard it a few times.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Thats how Spring got back into the rescue - and they wanted her pts because she's ringshy! Just like to add with a bit of work she's performed infront of hundreds. I think sometimes vets take the dogs as they're scared what'll happen to them if they don't
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Its disgusting isn't it.It made my blood boil,but unfortunately there are people like that,and not a lot we can do about it.That is the second thread i have posted on here about people annoying me.I can't wait to post one that starts with something nice instead of bad news.I just thought i'd let off some steam by typing it on here and seeing what you thought about this disgusting situation.
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:40 PM
you did the right thing stamford, believe me there are many things in the doggie world that will make your blood boil, i never really knew about the bad things that happen until i got my doggies and it opens my eyes more everyday at some of the things that go off
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 07:47 PM
ohh dear now that is sad
DebVM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2006, 08:02 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! some people! good for you having a go at him!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >