Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 05:23 PM

saw my first pitbull .. wow

well today a pitbull tried to come into kennels. The owners brother bought him in, but with no vacc card, and we couldnt get hold of the vet to get details so he was sent away.

anyway, he was the most gorgeous dog ive seen. ive never met a pitbull before, but from the photos ive seen i would say he was.
Now i know pitbulls are on the dda in this country, so god knows how this guy got hold of him, but he said he was 6 months old, although he looked more like 18 months. Wasnt neutered and wasnt muzzled. Anyway, everyone at the kennels seemed a bit frightened of him to be honest, i dont think they understand the breed. As far as i can tell they just seem to think they are dangerous and that their jaws lock

anyway, he was really big, well, he came up to my thigh and was pure muscle. I must admit i did feel a little wary of him, not necessarily because of his breed, cos i know they can be lovely, but because i feel that anyone who goes out of their way to own a banned breed are probably buying it to look hard. So i was a bit nervous that he was owned by idiots, and to be honest the people who brought him in looked like that!
well, thats my story for the day, thought id share cos ive not met one before, he was stunning, and had normal ears
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 05:26 PM
awww jenny how lucky, they are banned but saying that I saw some for sale on the internet a few months ago
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Would your kennel not get into trouble, for Broading a Pit Bull .Any legal Pit Balls in this country would be quiet old now.

My Friend had a Pit Bull, she was a Lovely Dog sadly Died last year.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 05:32 PM
i do worry what would happen to the poor dog if he was reported to having one. but nice to see one never the less.
i can see why people might be scared of them, cos they look so big and powerful, i mean he was just muscle and had a massive head. But its the owners u have to worry about
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
Would your kennel not get into trouble, for Broading a Pit Bull .Any legal Pit Balls in this country would be quiet old now.

My Friend had a Pit Bull, she was a Lovely Dog sadly Died last year.
well i queried this. and my boss reckons her insurance covers all dogs. i told her she should make sure cos if they are on dda and they shouldnt be in the country she might get in trouble for allowing one in, especially if anything went wrong
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
well i queried this. and my boss reckons her insurance covers all dogs. i told her she should make sure cos if they are on dda and they shouldnt be in the country she might get in trouble for allowing one in, especially if anything went wrong
The insurance wont cover YOU, the owners or the dog, I can guarantee you that, and in the case of somebody seeing it and reporting it, it is the kennel owner who has assumed responsibilty for a banned breed.
Dawn.
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2006, 06:29 PM
never realised they were that big
skye
New Member!
Female 

20-03-2006, 07:17 PM
pitbulls are illegal i hope you reported the owner to the police and rspca how irresponsible to own a breed like that
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by skye
pitbulls are illegal i hope you reported the owner to the police and rspca how irresponsible to own a breed like that
well we didnt have any info about them. and they came down in a taxi from wimbledon

im suprised they havent been reported already, u cant confuse it with a staffie. hes huge!
craftypooch
New Member!
Female 

20-03-2006, 07:27 PM
is this what i have seen described as a an `American Stafford` or `Irish Stafford` or, the most original from a dog rescue lady as a `long legged Irish Stafford cross` (looks like a staffie but about the size of a rottie)...needless to say i left well alone especially as both Mum, Dad and pups were allegedly in the dog pound.

jo
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >