View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:33 PM

Where is the best place to buy a Laptop from?

My sister is thinking of having a laptop instead of a desktop computer and as she doesn't use a computer a lot this might be a better solution for her and of course she isn't tied to one room with it.

Can anyone recommend where she could buy one from. I know a lot of people don't recommend PC World at all so I just wondered where those of you that have them, bought them from and what sort of price can she expect to pay for one? She won't need a fantastic memory or anything or high tech stuff cos she is a computer novice although she does want to be able to put something like a greetings card programme on it and print them out if possible.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:40 PM
go onto Dell's website - they are reasonably priced and are made to order
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:45 PM
we have dell pc's at work and one at home and they are good quality......
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Dell got my money twice, the only thing with them is they sometimes only "speak" to certain makes of peripheral. But I've never had any real problems.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-03-2006, 01:55 PM
www.dabs.com seem OK. Ordered a printer from them recently. Can't go far wrong with Dell though.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Back in December I bought an Acer from Comet. very pleased with it....they aren't the most expensive brand...it does everything I want and it has some nifty software on...oh and good battery life.

I know a Tech guy who was so pleased with the Acer he bought his son...that he bought them for the company he works for when it was time to renew theirs.

We have Dell at work...the only problem we have is when one does develop a fault they are very 'unkeen' to come and fix it. But overall they are pretty reliable.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Sony is having a sale at the moment to make way for the new models being released some bargins to be had

Sony Laptops
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 03:00 PM
I have a sony vaio...got it from Comet and its brilliant...Had no problems with it....
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I have a Sony Vaio laptop and desktop, excellent computers and excellent after sales service as well.

My laptop died on me recently, it was picked up by DHL on Friday, sent to Belgium and returned to me fixed by the following Thursday, I then had a phone call from a very nice chap asking if everything was ok.

Can't fault them at all.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-03-2006, 05:05 PM
laptopsdirect or mesh are both excellent, i own a mesh, cant rate them highly enough
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >