Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 06:59 PM

Crufts - never been

As long as I can remember, I've always wanted to go to Crufts, but for one reason or another, I've never managed it, even when it was relatively close at Earls Court, London.

Barry has just agreed to go with me. YAY! ...but I need some help.....

Can anyone give me the address and what day the "Utility" group are on, as I'd like to see some Shiba's whilst I'm there. I'm just going as a visitor. Do I need tickets? I assume I can take the dogs with me (as they're not competing).

Sorry if any of these questions seem a bit daft, but this is all new to me, and I'm excited, therefore brain not working properly!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Utillity is on Saturday, it costs about £8 entry + car park of about £5, no you can't take an unentered dog.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
no you can't take an unentered dog.
Oh hell, guess I won't be going then. I really don't want to leave them for that long.....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:28 PM
I Will Be There Saturday As Well
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:31 PM
No unentered dogs are allowed on any show ground, unless there has been a special arrangement made where you can leave them at the entrance to be minded by experienced people in return to a donation to the designated charity, or you can enter some shows "not for competition". Believe me, Crufts is a nightmare of jam packed crowds, around 8,000 entered dogs over the four days (if I remember right) it's hot and stuffy, loud, expensive and hard enough on the dogs that are competing so yours are well out of it I don't know why I go year after year, I must be mad!
It is an experience though, if you can get someone to look after yours you will have an unforgettable experience - if you have plenty of stamina. I went the first time as a spectator and found the Dalmatians, there were plenty of people - some of them "famous names" in the breed - who were very happy to chat and put up with endless photo's of Polly who was 7 months old at the time and safely at home with her feet in the air. You will find what should be the best Shiba's in the UK which is always a great thing to see, and compare them to yours (who you will know are better!! ) get advice, and the stalls alone will take hours to get round.
If you do manage to go, I will be in Hall 1 ring 1 on the Saturday, PM me and I will tell you how to find me amongst the 200+ spotty dogs there!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy
No unentered dogs are allowed on any show ground, unless there has been a special arrangement made where you can leave them at the entrance to be minded by experienced people in return to a donation to the designated charity, or you can enter some shows "not for competition". Believe me, Crufts is a nightmare of jam packed crowds, around 8,000 entered dogs over the four days (if I remember right) it's hot and stuffy, loud, expensive and hard enough on the dogs that are competing so yours are well out of it I don't know why I go year after year, I must be mad!
It is an experience though, if you can get someone to look after yours you will have an unforgettable experience - if you have plenty of stamina. I went the first time as a spectator and found the Dalmatians, there were plenty of people - some of them "famous names" in the breed - who were very happy to chat and put up with endless photo's of Polly who was 7 months old at the time and safely at home with her feet in the air. You will find what should be the best Shiba's in the UK which is always a great thing to see, and compare them to yours (who you will know are better!! ) get advice, and the stalls alone will take hours to get round.
If you do manage to go, I will be in Hall 1 ring 1 on the Saturday, PM me and I will tell you how to find me amongst the 200+ spotty dogs there!
Oohhh, I'm tempted to get the Sheebs kennelled now. It'll cost £20 a day and I'll have to put them in on the Friday, and collect on the Sunday, so £60 all in all. Is it hell to get in and out if I drive? Or am I better to come by train?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Train DEFINITELY!!!! Driving is a nightmare, especially getting out again.
I wasn't taking a dog last year so I flew over, sooooooo convenient as the airport and the railway station take you almost to the door!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks Deccy - one more question - what date is it how hopeless am I ??
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:49 PM
hall 5 the cavaliers...........
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 08:04 PM
I got my tickets throught the box office. £12.50 for adults

http://boxoffice.necgroup.co.uk/perr...ID=CRUFTS&Gid=
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >