Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Son update

Well as most of you know re My Son( see previous threads) Well since Christmas Day the only time I had heard from him was by text New Years Day to say "Happy New Year" then a text a few days later saying "I suppose we ought to catch up" but I couldn't make the days he mentioned, I sent him a text to say, " Sorry can't make those days, have plans can't change, at least you will be able to catch up on sleep and chill out" That was 4 weeks ago..........since then our daughter & partner, my Sister & BiL came for visit(did not invite Son etc)
This morning I received a text to say. " sorry not been in touch be busy working, am off tues & wed perhaps we could catch up, if busy contact Claire she would be only to pleased to meet up any day" Just so matter of fact....................I
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Thats Children for you.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:37 AM
kids fly the nest and we just become less important..all a part of growing up i guess
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Have text reply.........................
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:43 AM
??????????????????????????????
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:46 AM
My reply was, "Ok 2 pop up to urs on wed late morn, Mum"

No I don't want to go..................
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 09:52 AM
you don't want to go ? why
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Can't explain Inca............sounds daft when I think about it, but it's like, if I don't see them ..............they can't upset me..........and if I see them when will I see them again..................see it sounds stupid
I should look at it to enjoy them when I do see them I know - but it is so hard...................can't talk anymore sorry...................
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Can't explain Inca............sounds daft when I think about it, but it's like, if I don't see them ..............they can't upset me..........and if I see them when will I see them again..................see it sounds stupid
I should look at it to enjoy them when I do see them I know - but it is so hard...................can't talk anymore sorry...................

Awww Sweep don't be upset - I understand perfectly what you mean and know why you feel this way. I don't go to my oh's mothers house any more because of all the little digs she has had at me but he takes Rhianna up on his own so that she doesnt miss out on seeing her grandchild and I get a nice break from her too at weekend or sometimes he calls for her after work and she goes for her tea there. Its a pity your son can't do this if you and your daughter-in-law don't get on Could they not come to your house instead to make things a little easier. I know what you mean though - all the upset will probably start again once you have seen them which is a pity
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2006, 10:40 AM
My daughters acting in much the same way Sweep, she doesn't live at home but before she had a boyfriend I'd see her and my Grandson every day, now I'll be lucky to see them once a month Every time I call round to see her she's out at her boyfriends parnets so last week I marched round there and knocked on the door and asked to see my Grandson, I asked him if he weanted to come to Nanny's on his own and he was aleready getting his coat on

By the look on my face noone questioned me and off we both went laughing all the way
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >