Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 05:31 PM

exactly 2 calender months today

that i was rushed into hosp with heart probs,and it was then i had my last ever ciggy. so been a non smoker for 2 months now
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 05:32 PM
wow thats brilliant keep it up
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 06:15 PM
ive saved som money as well,so far bought 2 pairs of trainers,1 pair of boots,and a bottle of aftershave for hubby,i like this having some spare cash
plus the not waking up to sore lungs and coughing, and its nice not smelling like an old ashtray now
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 06:22 PM
aww did you find it hard to give up
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Congratulations! Can I ask, did you give up, or did you just not want another and never miss them? Reason being, about 10yrs ago, my mom had a heart attack, she smoked about 15 cigs a day, always did, when she was in hospital, she said she could smell it on people and thought it was horrible, she never somked again, no cravings nothing. Just wondered if you were similar?
Dawn.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Well done Bens Mum on giving up smoking I have never smoked but my parents did most of their lives and my mum paid for it in the end by spending the last 3 years of her life tied to an oxygen machine 24 hours a day and a lung which collapsed twice in 7 years She died on New years day this year My dad gave up smoking when he took early retirement due to bad arthritus in his hands at 60 years old and my mum smoked till she was 70 when her lung collapsed and she was rushed into hospital and spent a month there I could never smell cigarette smoke because I had lived with it all my life but the difference when I was out shopping once and a man passed me and I could smell the tobacco on his clothes and everything - it was horrible. You get immune to the smell when you live with it for so long.

Good luck and keep it up
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 07:14 PM
i was rushed into hosp,with heart probs,got angina,so had to give up (which i was gonna do anyway) ive read the allen carrs book very good read, but it was a case of change my life or not live,so changed my life.
it was hard the first week, was stomping up and down the hallways in the hosp muttering to myself but once i got home,went on the patches which help a heck of alot, and i eat loads of extra strong minds. but keeping my hands busy helps, but after 2 months its alot easier.
i can smell ppl who smoke and i cant believe i used to stink like that so horrible, our flat smells sweeter, so do my clothes,and as for perfume i can smell it now, cant wait till the summer all those flowers
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Wooooow that's absolutely fantastic, well done you keep it up! xx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2006, 08:18 PM
loads of encouragment from cyber friends is a big help as well
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran