Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 07:53 PM

Vets on monday / dog lethargic & drinking more than normal

Brandie has been feeling a bit ill lately. She had a couple of off days last week then was fine. But today it sems to be back so she's off to vets first thing Monday morning
Not sure what's wrong. She's just quite lethargic and drinking more than usual. I hope it's nothing serious. I did a search and her syptoms good apply to all sorts of things

I'm really nervous because I've never had to take her to the vets about being ill before. Only for check ups and stuff.
Anyway, I just wanted to share since I now can't stop worrying I'll let you know how it goes.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 08:01 PM
You're doing the right thing honey. I'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 08:02 PM
aww poor baby i hope it aint anything to wrong it sounds like she could have a water infection my old collie bitch had the same symptons as brandie and it was her water but each dog is different aww big hugs coming your way and dont worry yourself she wil be fine
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you both I think tomorrow is going to go very slowly now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Good luck for Monday,keep us posted.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 08:08 PM
aww its horrible when your pets are ill and you dont know what to do for them we all think the worst and worry ourselfes stupid but if we didnt we wouldnt be human just think positive and give her extra cuddles and kisses it will make you both feel better
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Bless her!!! I really hope she gets better> Its awful when they are not well & you can't do anything to help. Big :smt058 & (((( )))) for Brandy. All the best for monday!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by BrandieSnap
Brandie has been feeling a bit ill lately. She had a couple of off days last week then was fine. But today it sems to be back so she's off to vets first thing Monday morning
Not sure what's wrong. She's just quite lethargic and drinking more than usual. I hope it's nothing serious. I did a search and her syptoms good apply to all sorts of things

I'm really nervous because I've never had to take her to the vets about being ill before. Only for check ups and stuff.
Anyway, I just wanted to share since I now can't stop worrying I'll let you know how it goes.
Hi B/S, couple of things you could to before you go the vet

First measure the water that you put in her drinking bowl so you`ll know just how much she`s drinking. Keep an eye on her output & see if it corresponds to what she`s drinking, also check the colour/smell of it if you can. Take a sample on Mon. morning of her urine in case the vet wants to test it.

Can you take her temp & see if its normal?

If you get an y more worried about her before Monday don`t hesitate to ring your vet, better safe than sorry
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds a bit like a couple of the symptoms of diabetes, but don't take my word on that. Just my initial thought, could be anything!

Try not to worry too much I'm sure it's nothing, the majority of the time is just an infection of some sort.

((((((((hugs))))))))) to you and Brandie.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2006, 11:12 PM
Good luck for Monday, hope she feels better soon. wags and licks from Cassie
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >