View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 07:35 PM

Prednisolone tablets - how to identify them?

Benji went to the vets on Thursday and had a steroid injection and was prescribed Prednisolone Tablets - 2 a day (given 1 at morning and one at night) for 7 days and 1 a day for the 2nd week. The problem is they don't appear to be working at all and he is still scratching like crazy and has made all his face bleed. I am wondering if the tablets are the wrong ones because I thought pred were yellow tablets not white. The tablets are white and say PL - 5 on one side and DP on the other side. Has anyone got any pred tablets that they could just check to see if they are the correct ones please because I really can't understand why he is still scratching so much
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi Foxy, give us a min. and I will dig mine out!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Okay thanks Helen
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Prednisolone Tablets(Glucocorticoid used for suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders).
  • White circular flat-faced tablets with a break line and letters CP. the obverse marked PL 1 or PL 5 as appropriate
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Prednisolone Tablets(Glucocorticoid used for suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders).
  • White circular flat-faced tablets with a break line and letters CP. the obverse marked PL 1 or PL 5 as appropriate

Thanks Mini - yes Benjis are like that although they say DP instead of CP so I wonder if that means they are the wrong ones
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Sorry for the delay! Mine are small white tabs and looking at themunder the magnifying glass, they would appear to have a squared off 6 or 9 on them if you know what I mean? Could be a CD joined together? Is that what yours are like? 5mg. Will come back in a mo.

On closer inspection with a bigger magn.glass they are exactly what Mini has put above!

I think you are thinking of the Piritons being yellow Foxy? The last time Georgie had a steroid jab, it didn't work at all, and in fact, he was worse than ever when he came back home, scratch, scratch, scratch! That's why, the last time I went a month ago I said I didn't want the jab and was given these along with the anti-biotics which I didn't give him anyway! They certainly sound like the right tablets though.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi Foxy, I've just checked Pippins for you and they are exactly the same as yours. His doseage was 1 x 2 times a day for 1 week, then 1 x once a day for 1 week, then 1 x every other day for one week. Hope this helps
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Hi Foxy, I've just checked Pippins for you and they are exactly the same as yours. His doseage was 1 x 2 times a day for 1 week, then 1 x once a day for 1 week, then 1 x every other day for one week. Hope this helps

Oh thanks Ashlady at least I know they are the correct ones now I think I had it in my mind they were yellow but thats the piritons that are yellow isn't it - Father Christmas didn't bring me the new brain I asked for
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sorry for the delay! Mine are small white tabs and looking at themunder the magnifying glass, they would appear to have a squared off 6 or 9 on them if you know what I mean? Could be a CD joined together? Is that what yours are like? 5mg. Will come back in a mo.

On closer inspection with a bigger magn.glass they are exactly what Mini has put above!

I think you are thinking of the Piritons being yellow Foxy? The last time Georgie had a steroid jab, it didn't work at all, and in fact, he was worse than ever when he came back home, scratch, scratch, scratch! That's why, the last time I went a month ago I said I didn't want the jab and was given these along with the anti-biotics which I didn't give him anyway! They certainly sound like the right tablets though.

Thanks Helena - yes it is the piritons that I am thinking of What am I like Benjis Tablets have DP on them instead of CP though for some reason
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 08:38 PM
DP doesn't sound right Foxy. Do a search on Prednisolone as there are loads of pages I found recently and you can check on that. I just checked mine again and it is definitely a "C" P on mine! Poor Benji. Sorry I can't be more help I've got the same problem here at the moment and I'm off to the vet tomorrow if he's there being NY's Day!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >