Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:28 PM

Some people!

As I was taking Bodhi for an evening stroll yesterday we encountered a fella and a slow, lumbering mastiff, which was enthusastically sniffing some piles of leaves.

As the man sees us approaching he drags the dog to the other side of the pavement (it is still doing nothing exciting).

I was disgusted with the man who as he was walking off HIT the dog on the head with the handle of his solid plastic flexi-lead. I'm not talking a tap, I mean, I could hear it bouncing off the poor dogs skull. Twice!!

I couldn't help myself turning around and telling him not to hit his dog (which, had done nothing as far as I could see).. He either didn't hear me (not likely) or completely ignored me.

I was fuming

But what can you do?
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:34 PM
What a horrible man, good for you for saying something.
I Hope he falls over and bangs his own bonce!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:38 PM
How awful, don't blame you for saying something - I'd have done the same Why are some people like this? If you cannot treat the animal well,why own it in the first place GRRR
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Not that it's much excuse or consolation, but people who behave like that are usually doing it because they're very unhappy themselves. That won't make any difference to his poor dog though. I hate to see people mis-treating their animals, but I'd probably be too much of a coward to do anything about it if I was out by myself.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I couldn't not - it just came out of my mouth!

I am the sort of person who is normally just about to say something, but never quite does it. Only because some of the people round here would sooner flatten you than look at you.

Birkenead - Englands Armpit.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I hope the man has a concience and he feels really guilty now
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Toby
I hope the man has a concience and he feels really guilty now

nice thought toby but i doubt it. seems to me some people will bye a big powerful dog, just as a status symbol, you know look at me im hard but they dont care tuppence for the animal .
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 08:15 PM
ooooohhhh i wish some one would do it to them....i hat eseeing thing like that....it makes you so angry....but we would get arrested if did it to them!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I totally sympathise. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was walking my two on the edge of a quiet nature reserve and came upon a guy walking his three collies and a terrier - all on lead. My dogs were off lead but I called them back to me and asked them to heel, which they did. We passed the bloke and his dogs and for no apparent reason he started walloping one of the collies over the back with his walking stick The poor dog had done absolutely nothing wrong and lay there cowering. I was soooo mad, but bit my tongue as I was concerned he might strike me with his stick too Wish I hadn't been such a chicken now and said something as I can't get the poor dog out of my head.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2005, 08:24 PM
These things haunt you don't they? I can still remember seeing a man hit his doberman about 9 or 10 years ago. The dog had done nothing wrong other than to try to take a step forward when the man wanted to stop and look in a shop window. He hit it across the nose with its chain lead and I'll never forget the look of utter confusion that went over that poor dog's face. He just didn't know what he'd done wrong. I still wish I'd said something or called the RSPCA but what do you do if they turn on you? I always try to do what I can but I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to confronting people and I'm terrified of getting hurt myself. Maybe I'll make it my new years resolution to not be so frightened of people.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >