Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:33 AM

not happy

Hi guys

Just had a massive row with a lady i work with. She saw i had a scratch on my hand and asked how i got it and i said from playing with Otis.

She said i was irresponsible to keep Otis when i have kids incase he harms them.

I laughed at her and said firstly otis is a boisterous puppy and secondly i don't have kids!!! Then i said that when i did decide to have kids i would be responsible and never leave the dog alone with the baby.

I also said otis will have calmed down a bit by then and that she should keep her opinions to herself if she didn't understand my breed.

She then shouted in front of everyone what an irresponsible parent i would make by having such a vicious dog with kids.

Then someone else butted in and started saying Otis is a nice dog but he is very strong and i should be careful.

Why don't people keep their opinions to themselves!!!

This has really upset me cos now everyone keeps looking at me thinking i have a vicious dog!!!

I don't have a vicious dog and i am not even a parent yet!!!

sorry rant over

jodie x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Blimey!!! why can't some people just keep their opinions to themselves,maybe its their hormones,how old are they ? think your self lucky there not related.
Not nice though when you have to work with them.We know you are not irresponsible and I bet you have more friends than they do you have all us lot for a start.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
i just take the mick out of people like that by saying things to reinforce it so then they realise just how stupid their comments are!!

Dont worry just laugh it off!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2005, 11:39 AM
As hard as it is just ignore them you know Otis best and know he is not nasty or vicious.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Some people can be so stupid I bet she does'nt have a dog
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:42 AM
i know i should ignore it. But in the 9 months i have had Otis, this is the first time anyone has said anything nasty about him. I think i am in shock moe than anything. I have always expected people to make comments about him being a staff when they don't know him, but these people are meabt to be my friends and they always hear me telling them stories about him and bringing pictures in of him.

i need thicker skin!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Rise above it Otis you know your dog better than anyone, just tell the works busy bodies to butt out.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
i am the only person in the office with a dog. The people i work with are all stuck up their own backsides and now they are talking between themselves saying staffs are chav dogs!!

think they are trying to wind me up on purpose now. I'm not even going to bite!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:47 AM
How rude! Silly woman, obviously got too much time on her hands to go interfering in your life. It is tempting to tell her where to get off (in a really offensive way ) but probably better to roll your eyes and ignore her.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2005, 12:02 PM
What a stupid woman!
Staffies as a rule are brill with kids,bet she don't know one end of a dog from the other.
Rise above it all and keep your chin up
Sal
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »