Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zeus
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-11-2005, 06:59 PM

Thinking about becoming an RSPCA Inspector

... but im not sure whether i would be qualified enough. Does anyone know what would be the minimum requirements for becoming an RSPCA Inspector. I know kinda what the work entails but like i said im not quite sure whether i'd be qualified enough.

Is there anyone on the board that works of the RSPCA?

Thanks,

Zeus
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 07:49 PM
hi Zeus think someone on here used to - but cant remember who it was - but sure they own a rottie or dobe ?

anyway - i think it says on their website but you usual;ly need either agricultural certificate, good working knowledge of animals and need to be over 25

dani
MBll
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I got this off the R S P C A site

Profile: RSPCA inspector

RSPCA inspectors provide 24-hour cover for animals in need, carrying out rescues, investigating cruelty complaints, bringing perpetrators of cruelty to court, inspecting animal establishments, giving advice and administering first aid. From over 2,000 applicants, about 20 aspiring inspectors are selected each year for the tough six-month training course.

Trainees study animal welfare legislation, basic veterinary training, mountain and boat rescue techniques, investigation skills, interview techniques, court work, animal-handling techniques, media training and public speaking. After written examinations, students have six months' probation before achieving full qualification.

Entry requirements

Minimum age 22
GCSEs/O levels in English language and a science subject
Physically fit - able to swim 50 metres fully clothed
Valid driving licence
Experience of working with animals is desirable
Interpersonal skills, preferably controlling confrontational situations, are essential
Qualified inspectors must be prepared to be posted anywhere in England or Wales
Interested in becoming an RSPCA inspector?
Write to: Chief Superintendent (Training), RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS.
Zeus
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks for that, if anyone knows the member that Brundog is talking about because i'd love to have a chat with someone who might know a little more and be able to give me some tips

Thanks

Zeus