Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 08:03 PM

Dry,cracked,split hands!

I've always suffered with my hands drying out to such an extent that they crack,split then start bleeding which is very painful.I use Nivea hand cream with lanolin cause this is the most greasiest cream there is.

At the moment,im sitting here with my hands loaded up with the Nivea and also wearing latex gloves to try and get the skin to absorb as much as possible,but my hands are still hurting.

Any ideas anyone???
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:06 PM
OH has this problem in winter as he's a scaffolder, and his hands are often wet if the weather is bad, and then very cold.
Is your condition work related Steve?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Not really Vicki cause i work inside a warehouse.Admittingly,its not heated so therefore kinda cold,but my hands are never what i would call freezing cause after being a roofer previous-i dont really feel the cold.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:15 PM
working on the farm we all use drapolene my hands are nice and soft now without cracks
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
working on the farm we all use drapolene my hands are nice and soft now without cracks
Whats Drapolene and can i get it from a chemist???

ps.Im hoping no one comes to my door with me wearing these latex gloves!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:20 PM
OH uses Vaseline Intensive care "all year round" so his hands don't get to the nasty dry stage anymore. OH also says if you wear gloves, even in the warehouse, it will help. I think you may be a lost cause this year (sorry) but OH does recommend the prevention route. Good luck Steve - we know how you feel
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:21 PM
yes you can get it in the chemist its for using on babys bums when they get nappy rash and sores its cold when applied but works oh and the cream is pink and smells lovely
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
oh and the cream is pink and smells lovely
Ignore this Steve - try and pretend it's a really plain white macho cream that smells of light ale and sweat......your secret will be safe with us....
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Ignore this Steve - try and pretend it's a really plain white macho cream that smells of light ale and sweat......your secret will be safe with us....
Im not worried about what it looks or smells like Vicki-i've even smothered my hands in Sudocream before which is for nappy rash!

Oh well-off to lube my hands up again...
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Steve

Neutrogena do a hand cream which was originally formulated for the oil rig workers many years ago given the extreme conditions they were exposed to, it could be worth trying this product as it has since become a regular on the supermarket shelves.

Just look for the white blue and red bottle, it's the regular Neutrogena hand cream (not the bue bottled anti aging hand cream).

Hope this helps.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »