View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:07 PM

My dog is going to give me a heart attack one day ..

This morning, I was lying in bed nicely asleep when a certain retriever wandered in, he's not allowed in the bedroom really but occassionally comes in, and I was having a lovely dream, rolled over and he was sitting on floor, head on the bed staring at me, I wake up still in a lovely dozy state wondering what the time is and the first thing I see is a black nose, a blond head and two dark eyes staring intently at me, only 1cm from my face, I woke up with a shock and he doesnt move an inch. Like he had planned the whole thing. The fact he didnt move at all, while I jumped is making me think....

It got me thinking that he has done several things before that have spooked me, but maybe I'm easily scared or he's got a sneaky streak.

About a year ago, I was home on my own, OH was away for a few days and I was having a shower, but hadnt had the light turned on in the bathroom, as it was just at about sunset, so it was fairly dusky in the room, (I'm creating atmosphere here) anyway I didnt shut the door fully and I was singing in the shower (Yes I admit I do it, but hey who doesnt ? ) when out of the corner of my eye I saw the bathroom door open really slowly and and I really got scared as I realised I was home alone, and all these murderous scenes/scary thoughts flashing through my head, I was just about to scream when a certain Golden Retrievers head pokes round the corner with a look of 'What are you doing ?' on his face . Relief washed over me, but I could of murdered him for making me so scared !

So I just wondered have any of your dogs ever done anything round the house that has scared you ?
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:16 PM
lol!!!! Ziggie's a devil for this sort of thing as well!!

When he slept upstairs in the bedroom (I say slept - he doesn't really sleep he just lies down!) and i'd wake up with him inches from my nose with his eyes just watching me! (My mum says he does it all the time i'm asleep ) then if I just look at him and don't do anything he touches my forhead with his nose... if i still don't do anything he does it another couple of times - then ever so gently he puts his paw on my forhead and increases more and more pressure until I attack him with the duvet!!! This can happen at any time day or night!!! He also just watches me sometimes with this weird fiercely protective look on his face Other people find him quite scary when he looks like this - but I don't see it myself! He's just my babe!!!

Hazel xxx
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by KickstartKelpies
lol!!!! Ziggie's a devil for this sort of thing as well!!

When he slept upstairs in the bedroom (I say slept - he doesn't really sleep he just lies down!) and i'd wake up with him inches from my nose with his eyes just watching me! (My mum says he does it all the time i'm asleep ) then if I just look at him and don't do anything he touches my forhead with his nose... if i still don't do anything he does it another couple of times - then ever so gently he puts his paw on my forhead and increases more and more pressure until I attack him with the duvet!!! This can happen at any time day or night!!! He also just watches me sometimes with this weird fiercely protective look on his face Other people find him quite scary when he looks like this - but I don't see it myself! He's just my babe!!!

Hazel xxx
I think that might be the kelpie stare ! I used to have a Kelpie and she did the exact same thing !
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:27 PM
cool! tell me more about your kelpie!
Zigg's is a nutter but i love him to bits
His eyes are green in some lights and amber in another! you can tell when he means business about anything!
Hazel xxx
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 06:51 AM
He he you guys

Thank you for a good nice laugh from the start of the morning

Luna hasnt really scared me.... yet..

But she tends to get really comfy on top of my duvet, so I cant move an inch during the night
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 08:47 AM
LOl oh yes. My wee Kess (RIP) used to have this uncanny knack of creeping into the bedroom whilst we were asleep, standing patiently at the side of the bed just mm's away from my face just willing me to open my eyes LOL Never failed to give me a fright LOL Bless her
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 08:52 AM
@ Willow

I´m afraid Ally doesnt do things like that. She cant kep her bum still long enough Also she keeps trying to pass whatever teddybear or ball she has in her mouth into my mouth or atleast face (the eyes does get hit if I´m taking a nap on the sofa ), so she never really gives me a schock as calling her silent would be a total lie

She actually makes sounds like a small pig when excited or wants to play
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Cassie does this all the time when you're asleep. Stares at you til you open your eyes and if you don't open them, she licks your eyelids til you open your eyes.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 09:23 AM
i wake up with the sound of darth vader
bruno just heavy breathes right by your face - then when he realises you are awake but still ignoring him he shoves his freezing cold nose into your face. If you still dont react he starts to try and get under the duvet with said colf nose poking all the way along my body - I HATE being cold so he knows that he wil get a reaction. If I still dont want to get up I know that if I let him under the duvet I will get at least another 1/2 hr - so thats what normnally happens.
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I usually wake up with Bob's nose in my face but this week we have had my father-in -law and his 2 dogs ( a colli and a rotti) stopping with us. So yesterday morning I was woke up with the rotties face inches away from mine I shot out of bed the rotti ran down stairs. I dont know who more scared the rottie or me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >